Apple vs Android

Apple or Android? Which one do you use?

• Total voters
Reading through the threads here and there Apple seems to be best supported and less prone to failure after updates etc ( or did i miss some threads)? ... but is that via politics between DJI and Apple?
If so they need to be more public about it considering there are many owners having serious failures running apps or failures inflight etc, this could be DJI's downfall if theyre not careful, becoming app-reliant is not the way forward, i dont know why DJI didnt make their own tablet to release with the Phantom ranges, you cant please every op system/version/device etc out there in one app.

There's really no comparison between the two. Apple's products are more then just function but a work of art with build quality far superior to any other product. Androids are on the other hand mostly plastic pieces of crap (unless they copied the aluminum construction of apple's products) and like another person said basically worthless a year later...and the replacing the battery thing that android guys always like to bring up. What's wrong with the android battery's that they always need to replace them anyway? Wait I get it, they blow up sometimes so you need to swap out before that happens[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I've got two old iPad 2's for my kids that still have the original battery's and work fine. And really who is keeping there tablet/iPad or phone that long that needs to replace there battery? Most people get a new phone every 2-3 years maybe sooner and tablets maybe a little longer but the battery should last that long. I know everyone of my iPads and iPhone I've bought over the years has. And didn't Samsung or LG or maybe it was htc who knows but one of them went to a non-replaceable battery[emoji848] weird...while the iPads battery is a bit harder to replace it can be done, but the iPhones battery can be done pretty easily and if you don't want to do it yourself there are many small companies that will do it pretty cheap...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Well I think DJI and Frank Wang are pretty obviously Apple fans. They do as Apple does in everything they do.

Apple is the most consistent, stable, fully vertically intergraded company in the world. They build every aspect of their devices, from the OS to the hardware. No one else does that.

The problem with Android is it is Open Source. For example "Marshmallow" OS on Android can be found on hundreds of different brands and devices from the no name, to Samsung. The reason Android OS is so glitchy is there is virtually no way to make a one size fits all OS. Every manufacturer uses different components, and different methods to building hardware. I believe the closest anyone got to Apple in the Android world was HTC. It was clear that HTC dismantled the Android system and created their own to work with their devices.

Apple is also known for their Jailbreaking community. A Google search will show that independent Jailbreakers design almost 80% of the unique features in IOS. Apple hates Jailbreakers but often takes their stuff to add to the OS for free.

Go Apple and you won't regret it. Go with Android and may or may not. It's individualized results on Android.

There's really no comparison between the two. Apple's products are more then just function but a work of art with build quality far superior to any other product. Androids are on the other hand mostly plastic pieces of crap (unless they copied the aluminum construction of apple's products) and like another person said basically worthless a year later...and the replacing the battery thing that android guys always like to bring up. What's wrong with the android battery's that they always need to replace them anyway? Wait I get it, they blow up sometimes so you need to swap out before that happens[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I've got two old iPad 2's for my kids that still have the original battery's and work fine. And really who is keeping there tablet/iPad or phone that long that needs to replace there battery? Most people get a new phone every 2-3 years maybe sooner and tablets maybe a little longer but the battery should last that long. I know everyone of my iPads and iPhone I've bought over the years has. And didn't Samsung or LG or maybe it was htc who knows but one of them went to a non-replaceable battery[emoji848] weird...while the iPads battery is a bit harder to replace it can be done, but the iPhones battery can be done pretty easily and if you don't want to do it yourself there are many small companies that will do it pretty cheap...

Need a new iPad or iPhone battery? Take it to Apple and they just replace it usually for free, or dang near!

I'm wondering how many people are using Apple compared to Android for their Phantoms so I set up a poll to get results. Also wondering about performance differences between the two platforms as I'm thinking of picking up an Apple iPad air 2 or iPad mini 4. Thank you for participating. And fly safe!

I'm using the Nexus 7 2nd Gen and it works great! The price of these are going up but still cheaper then Apple products. Not knocking Apple there just a bit expensive.

Reactions: Roverggm
Yes they are... So are Maserati's, Ferrari's and Cadillac's! But Kia's do the same thing and are cheaper.

This is always how I look at Apple... They do cost a lot... And that's hard to justify. But, when you feel the amazing quality in their products... There's no comparison.

You drop them they break same as any other, theyre made cheaply in China yet charge a fortune for them in shops, im no Apple fan but have used them in the past, i dont like being tied in and Jailbroke mine when i used them, they make them that quick now yours is outdated within the year or less, needless expense for little benefit or features IMO, theyre ripping kids off all the time with the latest "must have" mobile phones, if it works why change it.

Reactions: flpholt
You drop them they break same as any other, theyre made cheaply in China yet charge a fortune for them in shops, im no Apple fan but have used them in the past, i dont like being tied in and Jailbroke mine when i used them, they make them that quick now yours is outdated within the year or less, needless expense for little benefit or features IMO, theyre ripping kids off all the time with the latest "must have" mobile phones, if it works why change it.

Dude Apple launches a phone annually. That's hardly outdated.

With Apple I sell my old phone for $700 to $800 and go buy the latest.

I haven't brought a phone in years

Yes they are... So are Maserati's, Ferrari's and Cadillac's! But Kia's do the same thing and are cheaper.

This is always how I look at Apple... They do cost a lot... And that's hard to justify. But, when you feel the amazing quality in their products... There's no comparison.

Cars and tablets are way different. You can't sit in complete comfort in a Kia or sit on the hood, listen to quality tunes, etc. The tablets feel a little different but both handle the same. There are Androids just as expensive as Apples... But you get more for your money with Android. I've never had a bad Android product and have used them for decades. I haven't had any bad apple products either, both work just fine. I've used enough apple tablets to not want to be locked in to their way of thinking. I prefer android because I can set it up the way that I want to and the one thing that I really don't like about apple is simply Safari, the base internet program that comes with it. Safari is glitchy even here on this web page so we use either Chrome or Mozilla. Still that's not a big deal.

Looking at the poll results, they look pretty even. Some refuse to ever use apple products, like myself, and some refuse to use android... and that's normal. You can keep saying that apple is better but the facts show the truth. Apple is not the industry leader anymore and hasn't been for a long time...

Cars and tablets are way different. You can't sit in complete comfort in a Kia or sit on the hood, listen to quality tunes, etc. The tablets feel a little different but both handle the same. There are Androids just as expensive as Apples... But you get more for your money with Android. I've never had a bad Android product and have used them for decades. I haven't had any bad apple products either, both work just fine. I've used enough apple tablets to not want to be locked in to their way of thinking. I prefer android because I can set it up the way that I want to and the one thing that I really don't like about apple is simply Safari, the base internet program that comes with it. Safari is glitchy even here on this web page so we use either Chrome or Mozilla. Still that's not a big deal.

Looking at the poll results, they look pretty even. Some refuse to ever use apple products, like myself, and some refuse to use android... and that's normal. You can keep saying that apple is better but the facts show the truth. Apple is not the industry leader anymore and hasn't been for a long time...

First off you used androids for decades[emoji848] smart phones are not decades old so not sure where your going with that. Maybe you mean you've used windows computers for decades... and apple is the industry leader that's why everybody wants to copy them. There the most powerful and riches company in the world only 2nd maybe to Exxon mobile. Samsung is tiny in comparison to apples company...

I'm wondering how many people are using Apple compared to Android for their Phantoms so I set up a poll to get results. Also wondering about performance differences between the two platforms as I'm thinking of picking up an Apple iPad air 2 or iPad mini 4. Thank you for participating. And fly safe!
Used a Galaxy Tab A when I first purchased Phantom 3 Adv. Didn,t upgrade firmware on Phantom . Used exiting DJI Go app at the time. All worked great. About 7 months later deleted that version app Cant remember why. Reinstalled latest version DJI go. Then my troubles started. Intermittent connection Found out DJI upgraded app as well Result had to completely up grade Phantom. Used latest version app. Still had problems so went totally with apple. Now no problems at all. Connection almost immediately. DJI-Go with apple (Pun intended)

Androids are the leader, you know why? Because they have that platform on every prepaid K-Mart special! iPhone is the market leader for hardware. I guess for that point we need to differ IOS and Android OS from Hardware and the zillion platforms that run Android OS, well because it's cheap and a one size fits all open source platform.

Reactions: Suhail78
When we talk about phone hardware and devices, Apple iPhone is 47% of the market, Samsung is a declining 23% and the balance is made up of LG, HTC and bunch of other no names.

You can't argue with the fact that Apple is the far gone leader with users 15-45 years of age. Many older than 45 statistically buy what's less expensive and careless about features of status.

I jumped ship for Note 3... First and only Android. I stayed with it for 10 months. I started having tons of issues that required a hard reset, or a battery pullout. And all along Android has never matched the fluid motion of Apple for scrolling and backgrounding etc. choppy, choppy.. That gets worse the more you own it.

Apple as proven by Jailbreakers has always over built the hardware, and under built the software. For the sole purpose of speed, reliability, minimal lag, and consistent execution. Jailbreakers push the limits of what's possible with an iPhone and the things they make an iPhone do is amazing.

I've used Apple for 36 years and ever since you could fold a 5 1/2 inch floppy disk in half and pushed it into the 3 1/2 inch Macintosh disk slot there has been happiness on both sides :). Lots of room for lots of different arguments one or the other. But I don't think that matters in this forum. What's important is what's going to work best for us with phantoms. Who knows there may be an Ubuntu tablet out there somewhere.
Though I don't think I want to fly my phantom controlled by the Apple Watch.

I'm confused why the Surface is even being discussed here. GO doesn't run on Windows. Did I miss something?

Because I think a "MY tablet can beat up YOUR tablet", "Nu-uh! My tablet can beat up YOUR tablet!", "Well your tablet smells like a dirty diaper!", "Well your tablet IS a dirty diaper!", "Is not!", "Is too!" war has started.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: flpholt
And really who is keeping there tablet/iPad or phone that long that needs to replace there battery? Most people get a new phone every 2-3 years maybe sooner rid=87477]PhantomPilots[/url]

Um, well ... I just replaced my ten-year-old Motorola Razr last month, and then only because it finally just quit working. It was a very sad day for me. I would've kept it another 10 years if it lasted that long. I already have an iPad, a MacBook and a desktop. I don't want or need another "device". I just wanted a phone.

So of course I replaced it with an iPhone ...

Um, well ... I just replaced my ten-year-old Motorola Razr last month, and then only because it finally just quit working. It was a very sad day for me. I would've kept it another 10 years if it lasted that long. I already have an iPad, a MacBook and a desktop. I don't want or need another "device". I just wanted a phone.

So of course I replaced it with an iPhone ...

I think you might stand alone on this one buddy[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.