Apple or Nexus?

Reaction score
Hi all. Re. my P3S.
I have a Nexus 5 phone and an original (2012) Nexus 7 pad. The 7 is showing it's age.
Somebody suggested an Apple ipad mini 2 would be ideal for the P3S controller. Size, weight and efficiency to transmit.
Advise please.

Out of those two devices, you're going to want to go with the iPad Mini 2 since the Nexus 7 2012 is too slow. Or, try another device on this list.

Thanks msinger. Somebody has suggested that Dji is more suited to Apple, or vise-versa.
The iPad mini 4 is an alternative, is there any advantage? Best part of £400 just to fly an indulgence is a lot, but if it works?

Is there an advantage to the iPad Mini 2 vs the iPad Mini 4? Yes -- it's lighter, faster, brighter, has an anti-reflective coating on the screen, and is less likely to overheat in hot temperatures. If you'd rather save money though, the iPad Mini 2 still works well.

hanks all, gone for the ipad mini4 128gb.
So a tech from DJI had told me that they focus mostly on the apple product and this was a few weeks before the Phantoms were being sold on the apple store. :rolleyes:

I have seen some features / options show up on the apple Go version, before the Android version. ;)

I just recently went with an iPad Air 2, for when I have a co-pilot. :D
I will eventually come up with a mount, but not in any hurry, it took me 18 months just make up my mind for the first step. ;)

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerials