App not showing battery percentage or satellites

Reaction score
Hello,
The DJI App will not show the battery percentage and number of satellites. It will show that the SD card is in the camera and the status of the WIFI extender battery. I can move the tilt of the camera but the tilt indicator will not show the camera moving. I can take pictures and videos with the App. It does not show any Altitude information.
The Quad will lock into the satellites because I get the quick green flashes from the LED's.
I have not tried to fly the quad due to I'm afraid it might fly away
Does anyone know what may be causing the problem?

superbee383 said:
Hello,
The DJI App will not show the battery percentage and number of satellites. It will show that the SD card is in the camera and the status of the WIFI extender battery. I can move the tilt of the camera but the tilt indicator will not show the camera moving. I can take pictures and videos with the App. It does not show any Altitude information.
The Quad will lock into the satellites because I get the quick green flashes from the LED's.
I have not tried to fly the quad due to I'm afraid it might fly away
Does anyone know what may be causing the problem?

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

BigTulsa,

No, I have not. I use an IPhone and I also tried my Android phone and had the same results.

Thanks

Well, I decided to fly the Quad. Everything seems to work, even return to home but it will not transmit any data to the DJI App such as distance, speed, altitude, battery and satellites. I have a Flytrex mounted to the Quad and it is receiving all data. I reinstalled the App but didn't help.
I'm suspect the camera may be bad.

I am also having this problem. It seemed to surface around the same time I updated my iPhone. Not sure the fix just yet. I have also noticed the three wires attached to the camera base are pinched damaged. Not sure if this is a problem either. If you have discover fix to your app problem since posting please reply.

superbee383 said:
Well, I decided to fly the Quad. Everything seems to work, even return to home but it will not transmit any data to the DJI App such as distance, speed, altitude, battery and satellites. I have a Flytrex mounted to the Quad and it is receiving all data. I reinstalled the App but didn't help.
I'm suspect the camera may be bad.

Hmm...have you tried taking the Flytrex out of the equation? IIRC, doesn't that have an intermediate cable that sits in between the camera and the gps module?

BigTulsa,
I disconnected the Flytrex and reconnected the wiring back to the factory original. But this did not help.

Drone6,
I was under the impression that the three wire going to the camera were for the servo only.
I have an iphone and an Android phone and both are doing the same thing.
For sure, if I do find a fix, I'll let you and everybody else know.
If you find the fix, please let me know.

Thanks

no battery % and no gimbal control on FPV

I have a phantom 2 vision. I installed a new camera and received the new QC code from DJI. The camera binds OK. The up and down bar shows on the iPad and when I hit it with my finger it highlights but there is now no control over the up and down on the gimbal nor is there any battery % showing in the FPV screen on my iPad or iPhone. .

When I go to the assistant and check the batter it shows all functions so I believe it is getting a data feed from the battery. I have also tried different batteries and same thing.

Any suggestions or more questions if I am not clear.

Thanks

Tim

GetaGrip,
I assume you are talking about the white cable going to the back of the camera.
Yes, you could be right, I'll do a continuity test on the cable.

Thanks

The moderator joined my thread here as we posted the same problem about the same time. I have followed this thread and all the steps. I replaced the camera cord using the DJI wire pack. The only other thing I can add is when it is connected to the DJI assistant the battery information is displaying on the PC which the battery data cable is working.

Could there be a channel that carries this data to the wifi and on to the ap that is dead. I have the camera control for movies and pics, the card picture count, wifi and SD card . Everything else has no reading.

So I think we are about in the same place.

Starting to get really frustrated I have worked on issues with this quad more than flying it.

Last week QC code not recognized than after hours of trying voila it is there, now camera acting up, had to install a new circuit board after melt down and on and on, Is there a lemon law on quads???? Maybe I have some strange virus in my PC that attacks drones brains. This one seems a little diminished somehow.

If this helps ...
The video signal on my phantom has always dropped consistently out of the box, but I noticed the icons turned grey and the gimbal control on phone was not working after 1. iPhone update 2. Rotopixal gimbal was removed and factory setting reset. I had a buyer for the phantom but noticed the issue as I was doing a final quality check prior to packaging.

Drone6,
I haven't had a chance to check the cable due to working 12 hours days. My next day off will be Thursday. I'll check the cable then and will post my findings.
Thanks,

Breweraz,
Did I understand you correctly,saying you replaced the main control board?
Thanks

Hi All,

I completed the continuity test on the white cable that goes to the camera and the servo cable. Both cables test good.
Is it the main control board or is the camera? I just don't know.
I'm thinking about spending the $60.00 for the control board. Hell of a lot cheaper than the camera. Instead of buying the camera, I would upgrade to the new vision +.

I understand each deal is different but I replaced my controller board and still did not help. I am not saying it will not work for you it just did nothing on mine.

This one has a lot of people stumped,

Tim

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl