App not showing battery percentage or satellites

andyparker said:
App 1.0.40
Cam 1.1.8
Naza 1.08

Very odd issue... booted up in the basement to get info and all functions worked. Next time I turn it on it might not. It wouldn't have anything to do with boot order... cam, wifi, controller, app?

Anyone else experience this?

I updated the camera successfully but no change to issues at hand.
I did notice next to my Naza version the app said NA. Also when running the assistant software it shows I need upgrades to Main Controller and P330CB also GPS has no number associated with loader. I've tried to update but this message pops up...

Abnormal compass data. Please restart the Flihgt Controller or reconnect the compass due to the losse connection. if this error continues, please contact your dealer or DJI customer service.

Guess what? error continues as does the saga.

Just thought I would share my experience, I sold my Vision a while back after only 6 flights with the same problem, no telemetry. The dealer was un helpful and DJI didn't reply at first, then when I contacted DJI Europe I got a reply saying to update all firmware (which I already had) and then they were not really helpful after that so I took a big loss and sold it.

I tried various things to try and fix it from replacing the main cable to the back of the camera and the main board but no joy. I currently fly the FC40 and miss the telemetry loads, but am very reluctant to go back to a Vision or Vision plus until this sort of fault is sorted out.

All,
Good News, I replaced the main controller board and flashed it with the latest firmware. I got all the telemetry showing on the App now.

Hi, I just registered to share a similar experience about the telemetry data.
My 3-4 months old Phantom 2 Vision only has the camera record controls working on the app, no tilt, no battery level and no gps info (# sats, altitude, speed)
Tilt control has worked for the 2-3 first flights and now is gone. Very frustrating. I don't remember if it stopped after a firmware update or not. Anyone know how to downgrade to a previous version?
Right now I'm at v3.04 on MC, v1.1.9 on camera and v1.0.50 on App.

I tried on Android/iPhone with no luck. Also, Naza-M version does not show up in my about page.
I've checked continuity on both camera cables and all is good.

My next thought was to replace main controller board and camera cable (even though the cable looks OK) but I fear it's not going to fix things up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

superbee383 said:
All,
Good News, I replaced the main controller board and flashed it with the latest firmware. I got all the telemetry showing on the App now.
Forgive my ignorance. Wondering is the main controller board you replaced a DJI specific part or will RC stores stock a generic board?
Thanks

Drone6 said:
superbee383 said:
All,
Forgive my ignorance. Wondering is the main controller board you replaced a DJI specific part or will RC stores stock a generic board?
Thanks

The board I bought is from DJI. I bought it through atlantahobby.com. I couldn't find an aftermarket or generic board.

Spent some time with the issue today. I've traced it down to the connection to the controller board. A slight tug/push on the cable causes the issue to occur. It will require opening it up for further examination. Possibly a quick fix will be to secure the wire in a good position.

Anyone else have any luck?

Problem Solved....The cable connecting the camera to the main board had a fault at the elbow. I replaced it with a replacement cable from a Phantom 2 Vision Cable Pack, Spare Part # 22. All works well now. :)

I understand this is an older thread however I'm experiencing the same issue on my DJI Spark... I've only flown it 10 or so times and all of a sudden I have no battery, satellite count, height, distance, speed.. i still get a low battery warning so I'm assuming the telemetry is still working, just not transmitting back to my phone.

Is this always a hardware issue? I'm trying to avoid sending the drone back to DJI on the warranty program if possible

Reactions: Sampolino
I understand this is an older thread however I'm experiencing the same issue on my DJI Spark... I've only flown it 10 or so times and all of a sudden I have no battery, satellite count, height, distance, speed.. i still get a low battery warning so I'm assuming the telemetry is still working, just not transmitting back to my phone.

Is this always a hardware issue? I'm trying to avoid sending the drone back to DJI on the warranty program if possible

I also experienced the same thing with my Spark. I'm using Android on my Samsung S6. But when I use iphone7 all data telemetry appear normal. Is there any possibility related to Android OS version huh?

I also experienced the same thing with my Spark. I'm using Android on my Samsung S6. But when I use iphone7 all data telemetry appear normal. Is there any possibility related to Android OS version huh?

Yes,I reached out to DJI support on this. From what I gather, they recently upgraded their software whereby connecting your phone to your remote via an OTG cable will no longer provide you with telemetry. This means it is now mandatory to connect your phone to your remote via WiFi. Unfortunately for me, this doesn't work with my LG Nexus 5x.. the DJI solution to this is to consider using an alternate Mobile device - frankly this infuriates me. Through more research I've found that another possible solution is to downgrade your software to an earlier version which sucks equally bad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj