Anyone with State Farm Insurance..

I just covered my P3S under my "Home and contents insurance" with my insurance company. I didn't have to pay any extra. They would want a receipt or some proof of purchase if I was to lodge a claim, but that's about all, oh and excess would be $250
Does it include fly aways and crashes?

Here's the straight scoop because I know and I have it. It's not under your homeowners because that won't cover any loss. It goes under something called a personal articles policy. State Farm's personal articles policy covers any loss except intentional losses, whether it be from theft, fire, crash, flyaway, pilot error. Like I said it does not cover intentional losses. It has zero deductible. A Phantom 4 Pro cost approximately $60-$70 a year to insure. It is not available in California. I'm in Connecticut and I'm about to give you the email address of my agent. For those of you in Connecticut she can probably take care of you. For those of you out of Connecticut, she will refer you to the appropriate agent. Be advised that most State Farm agents will tell you they don't offer this insurance. Be prepared to say yes you do. It's just started as of January 2016. Most State Farm agents don't know about it and in many cases the underwriters don't know about it. Here's my agents email address and she is happy to except inquiries. [email protected]. I hope that helps everybody

In Iowa.... $30 /yr. ....Skyler King III, is correct!
I just got my P3P covered by State Farm, under a personal articles policy, for $30 /yr. Insured for theft, fire, crash, flyaway, pilot error!
I brought in my P3P, controller, all accessories and showed them on web the cost of the bundle. Insured it for $999 replacement cost for just $30/yr. Woo Hoo! :)

I just checked with my insurance company on the details and my drone is fully covered for accidental damage or loss. The excess however is only $100 where I thought it was more. And I don't have to pay any extra to insure it. It's covered under my personal valuables.

In Iowa.... $30 /yr. ....Skyler King III, is correct!
I just got my P3P covered by State Farm, under a personal articles policy, for $30 /yr. Insured for theft, fire, crash, flyaway, pilot error!
I brought in my P3P, controller, all accessories and showed them on web the cost of the bundle. Insured it for $999 replacement cost for just $30/yr. Woo Hoo! :)
Mind providing the agents contact information?

Hello everyone. I am in the process of getting Insurance for my P3P, have to call them tomorrow. They want to know the weight of a P3P, they also asked if it was for commercial or recreational use. They had told me that they cannot ensure if I'm using it for commercial use, I told them no it's recreational use only. So if somebody with State Farm for their bird can please post the weight of the craft and anything else I should know when talking to the insurance company I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hey, I just did it today. P4P for $60 per year. They ony asked me for the price and serial number. It took only 15 minutes. Everything is covered.
I just hope people don't start abusing of this.

Just talked with a Farmer's agent next door to my business and he was saying to be sure you get the coverage in writing. If the agent tells you they cover it for crashes, flyaways and so on be sure you get it im writing
He said an email from the agent is legally binding. If you don't have that in writing and need to file a claim, if the policy doesn't cover it they won't pay. But if you have an email proving what the agent told you they will.
BTW, Farmer's doesn't insure drones.

USAA does insure drones if you have a homeowners policy or renters policy. They insure worldwide!

Hello everyone. I am in the process of getting Insurance for my P3P, have to call them tomorrow. They want to know the weight of a P3P, they also asked if it was for commercial or recreational use. They had told me that they cannot ensure if I'm using it for commercial use, I told them no it's recreational use only. So if somebody with State Farm for their bird can please post the weight of the craft and anything else I should know when talking to the insurance company I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Just tell them is weighs less than 5 pounds.

Reactions: Ixlr8
I’m in Pa and they have everything insured as separate line items. The P3P, X-Star Premium and Mavic. I also have all the accessories listed such as the extra batteries and cases. They even added the tablets. I was told the underwriter said he would include them as part of the controller even though they don’t normally insure tablets. I have a little over $4300 in coverage and my bill was $120.00 a year. One thing I didn’t know, they automatically add a percentage for inflation which was something I didn’t consider. This will cover the drones at a cost of more than what I paid for them if something were to happen.

They didn’t ask a bunch of questions. All I had to do is email my agent a list of replacement costs.

Incidentally, I can recommend an agent that can write policies in Pa and Md if someone is in need.
haha. I got $4000 in coverage for my drone and camera equipment for $63 per year.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor