Anyone with State Farm Insurance..

DPD

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am in the process of getting Insurance for my P3P, have to call them tomorrow. They want to know the weight of a P3P, they also asked if it was for commercial or recreational use. They had told me that they cannot ensure if I'm using it for commercial use, I told them no it's recreational use only. So if somebody with State Farm for their bird can please post the weight of the craft and anything else I should know when talking to the insurance company I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Per the P3P specs, the craft weights 1280 grams.

Per the P3P specs, the craft weights 1280 grams.

Thanks msinger. Hate to bother you with all these questions, but is there anything else u think I should know when I talk to them tomorrow. I just don't want to get tripped up by any other questions. Thanks...

I don't have State Farm insurance, so I'm not sure what kind of information they require. If they have other questions about the aircraft itself, it might be handy to have that specs page open.

State farm didn't ask me anything but to look at my P4.
No start up,no anything. $50.00 full coverage ,water,crash,fly away etc....

Interesting as I have State Farm here in Texas and they added my P3A with no questions. I carry extra cover on all my camera gear so I was just adding it on. They did say they will not cover HERO cameras though which I found kind of funny as my drone is more at risk then my Hero system which I only seem to use occasionally.

Hello everyone. I am in the process of getting Insurance for my P3P, have to call them tomorrow. They want to know the weight of a P3P, they also asked if it was for commercial or recreational use. They had told me that they cannot ensure if I'm using it for commercial use, I told them no it's recreational use only. So if somebody with State Farm for their bird can please post the weight of the craft and anything else I should know when talking to the insurance company I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys...

When I talked to them, they just wanted the weight, the sales receipt, and for me to say that it was for recreational use only.

Reactions: antnyp85
When I got mine they wanted receipts to see what I paid for them and to prove I was the owner. I got my P3S for $383 during the Christmas time price reductions. I got my P4 from the DJI refurbished store for $799. I just got my policy documents the other day and was surprised to see they had insured my P3S for $499 and the P4 for $999.

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

This State Farm policy seems like a great deal. Unfortunately, at least for me, my agent says it's available in every state...except California. She didn't know why that is.

I just got a P3A and live in Washington. I plan on visiting state farm tomorrow. I'll let this thread know how it goes. I didn't buy the bird, my friend did so I have his receipt.

EDIT: OK I got delayed with work stuff so I'll do this Friday hopefully

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
They didn't ask me anything other than make, model & cost, took my $60 and said have fun. ;)

For mine it covers the replacement cost of both drones, two extra Phantom batteries, one extra Autel battery and the ring with no deductible. I did have to provide the receipts and serial numbers for the drones and an appraisal for the ring. You can add as many items as you like up to the value of the policy. I believe mine is $3000 for $60 a year.

I’m in Pa and they have everything insured as separate line items. The P3P, X-Star Premium and Mavic. I also have all the accessories listed such as the extra batteries and cases. They even added the tablets. I was told the underwriter said he would include them as part of the controller even though they don’t normally insure tablets. I have a little over $4300 in coverage and my bill was $120.00 a year. One thing I didn’t know, they automatically add a percentage for inflation which was something I didn’t consider. This will cover the drones at a cost of more than what I paid for them if something were to happen.

They didn’t ask a bunch of questions. All I had to do is email my agent a list of replacement costs.

Incidentally, I can recommend an agent that can write policies in Pa and Md if someone is in need.

Davidgarth, I spent months last year traveling all over California. I only found one state park out of many parks I camped in at the coast that allowed flying drones.
People were down right unfriendly towards dogs as well.
04ffc520cc8d03b77e6740e268d41a79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Who here has filed a claim for a Phantom crash? Did your insurance pay the fee DJI charged for making repair? What about deductibles and exclusions. I am thinking I should buy insurance as DJI warranty is a bad joke, and pilots that post there stories about DJI Care don't seem very good either. What about bodily injury. A guy in my town was hired to film an event for the city. He took off from a secure spot on the stage. Then he returned to land. His phantom approached the landing spot and a woman was standing there. He hovered above and waited to see if she would leave. The DJI Go App signaled compass error and the drone fell to the ground. Luckily, the woman just moved. Could you imagine a Phantom 3 hitting a woman in the head at 70 mph, in front of a crowd of hundreds of people? Wow, Conrad decided his next drone would not be a DJI and moved on. He could have been stripped of all his belongings, if that woman had stayed stationary.

Who here has filed a claim for a Phantom crash? Did your insurance pay the fee DJI charged for making repair? What about deductibles and exclusions. I am thinking I should buy insurance as DJI warranty is a bad joke, and pilots that post there stories about DJI Care don't seem very good either. What about bodily injury. A guy in my town was hired to film an event for the city. He took off from a secure spot on the stage. Then he returned to land. His phantom approached the landing spot and a woman was standing there. He hovered above and waited to see if she would leave. The DJI Go App signaled compass error and the drone fell to the ground. Luckily, the woman just moved. Could you imagine a Phantom 3 hitting a woman in the head at 70 mph, in front of a crowd of hundreds of people? Wow, Conrad decided his next drone would not be a DJI and moved on. He could have been stripped of all his belongings, if that woman had stayed stationary.

There is damage/loss insurance and liability insurance. You would need liability insurance (and a Part 107 license) if you were doing commercial work. For damage and loss insurance, contact your home owner insurance to see if it covers your drone. Otherwise contact State Farm...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj