Anyone using a LGVK815 tablet?

Reaction score
I did a little searching...found nothing pertinent. I have a Verizon LGVK815 Android tablet.. I've only had my P4 for a few days. I've downloaded the app, updated firmware and run flight simulations using this tablet. I've also made 2 very short flights using it. It seems to work fine.. I'm investigating apps to close my bloated appware from Verizon (Greenify). But, it is on no one's list! LOL So I will be cautious. I would love to know if anyone else has used this tablet and, if so, what their experience is/was.

I did a little searching...found nothing pertinent. I have a Verizon LGVK815 Android tablet.. I've only had my P4 for a few days. I've downloaded the app, updated firmware and run flight simulations using this tablet. I've also made 2 very short flights using it. It seems to work fine.. I'm investigating apps to close my bloated appware from Verizon (Greenify). But, it is on no one's list! LOL So I will be cautious. I would love to know if anyone else has used this tablet and, if so, what their experience is/was.
Last I'm using one and have not had any problems. Just hard to find a screen cover for it. I ended up making My own.

Last I'm using one and have not had any problems. Just hard to find a screen cover for it. I ended up making My own.

Phxbird57 thanks for the reply. Now I know at least one person has used it rather successfully. Yes, I have discovered finding the screen shield is a little difficult with this tablet. I'm very new to this and even though I have a pilot's license it's a little scary at times. It's also a blast and an awesome machine!

Thanks again for your help.

Have one, replaced with Nvidia shield k1. Like both but I use the LG for more than just the phantom, that's where the shield comes in as a dedicated tablet.

Sent from my XT1254 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Have one, replaced with Nvidia shield k1. Like both but I use the LG for more than just the phantom, that's where the shield comes in as a dedicated tablet.

Sent from my XT1254 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes I use the LG tablet for everything too. So I will probably do as you did and get a dedicated tablet sooner or later. The Shield is supposed to be a really good one as far as Android's go. I'm not a big Apple fan.

I need to study the issue and learn a lot more about what should be in a dedicated tablet. I need to fit all the pieces of the puzzle together first. Thanks for the reply.

I've had a chance to use my Verizon LGVK815 Android tablet for a few days. So far, no complaints. (Except for bright sun, which is, I think an almost universal problem.) I did get some occasional 'banding' whe drone is grounded, but nothing while flying. Very good video quality. Seems to respond well with little 'lag'. All in all, very satisfied. I'm going to make my own sun shield...or buy a big umbrella! LOL

I've had a chance to use my Verizon LGVK815 Android tablet for a few days. So far, no complaints. (Except for bright sun, which is, I think an almost universal problem.) I did get some occasional 'banding' whe drone is grounded, but nothing while flying. Very good video quality. Seems to respond well with little 'lag'. All in all, very satisfied. I'm going to make my own sun shield...or buy a big umbrella! LOL
I found a small box that fit the tablet. I put some Velcro on the down of the box inside and so e on the back of the tablet. Then cut a little while for the cable. It's probably 8 inches deep. I cut half the way on the bottom side us there is 4 sides around the tablet but I can still reach in. Even on sunny days here in Az I can see it great.

Reactions: Last Chance
Ahhh, got it. Another good idea...AZ is the ultimate test of 'sun'! :) I paid $0.00 for the LG tablet... Well, I offset the $10/mo with a reduction in 'data', which I never use. It works well, even with all the apps and cell service.. Just flying out of my neighborhood with more WiFi than I can count, it does well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31