anyone use FPV booster app?

PVFlyer:
Really starting to enjoy your app especially the magic wand. Only one issue on yesterdays flight and that was the screen size did not adjust to show icon when I reached approximately 1500' in distance. The two finger squeeze would compress the map but only while I held it. As soon as I released the map would return to original size which was not compressed enough to show end of wand and Phantom icon. Camera view was not effected. Was using iPhone + @ IOS 8.2

Unfortunately, Google does NOT talk to Apple or vice verse. I am unaware any easy way to link them together for extending iOS license to Android.
Anyway, I'm happy to support the development in both platforms. Just bought the Android version too. Keep going!

It's a great app. I would like to see a Ground Station mode though. I do use G/S on this App through the DJI app but would like to go further than 1600ft and not have to switch back and forth between apps in flight.

PVFlyer:
Really starting to enjoy your app especially the magic wand. Only one issue on yesterdays flight and that was the screen size did not adjust to show icon when I reached approximately 1500' in distance. The two finger squeeze would compress the map but only while I held it. As soon as I released the map would return to original size which was not compressed enough to show end of wand and Phantom icon. Camera view was not effected. Was using iPhone + @ IOS 8.2
Auto-zoom is a feature in Navigation/Radar Map based on distance between Phantom and Home/Pilot. We are aware it might out-fly the map on small iPhone screen. We will need to adjust the auto-zoom level in the next update to ensure fitting in smaller iPhone screen.

There is an iDevice and Android version available on their respective app stores. Choose the one that works with your device...

either in iTunes if you have a IPad/ iPhone or with Android in Google store/ download.....

loads on the actual device that DJI Vision App resides on

Reactions: Rabidblood
FPFlyer:
Just made two flights with my ipad mini and external gps and the external gps works fine but still have the same map screen problem as my iPhone 6+. When I get past approximately 7-800 feet the screen does not expand to fit the flight area. Really negates the usage of the magic wand when you can't see the Phantom icon or the end of the wand. The ipad mini is also at IOS 8.2

FPFlyer:
Just made two flights with my ipad mini and external gps and the external gps works fine but still have the same map screen problem as my iPhone 6+. When I get past approximately 7-800 feet the screen does not expand to fit the flight area. Really negates the usage of the magic wand when you can't see the Phantom icon or the end of the wand. The ipad mini is also at IOS 8.2
Any chance you can capture a screenshot about that on both iPhone 6+ and iPad Mini. If you keep flying farther than 800ft, would it auto-zoom? I suspect Google Map does not have all the zoom levels in some remote area.

FPFlyer:
Will do when weather permits. I don't think the issue is Google maps as the area effected play in detail when I expand during flight replay.
Same here , not a remote area good Google zoom levels, I have reported this in the past to Fpvbooster , waiting patiently on a fix ;-)

The screen grabs are from my ipad mini with external gps. Same issue on iphone 6+ but ran out of time uploading the screen grabs.
Tried to time the screen grabs as close to loosing the phantom icon and regaining the icon. Distance was much shorter than I remembered.
FPVB-Test1.jpg
FPVB-Test2.jpg
FPVB-Test3.jpg

The screen grabs are from my ipad mini with external gps. Same issue on iphone 6+ but ran out of time uploading the screen grabs.
Tried to time the screen grabs as close to loosing the phantom icon and regaining the icon. Distance was much shorter than I remembered. View attachment 16608 View attachment 16609 View attachment 16610
We are aware the issue of auto-zoom level calculation on Radar Map mode of iPad. We had fixed it a few weeks ago and will be available in the next release. You may use Navigation Map mode for the time being.

You may refer to "Caching Google Map" section in About > FPV Camera > Feature for map caching.

Last edited:
@ FPVFLYER.
When I use the app and record the flight using Shou non of the maps except "Radar Map" is visable when I play back video. Any ideas what might be wrong?
EDIT: It behaves just like if "assistant touch" was not active. Makes no difference if I toggle the switch on or off.
No map.jpg

Last edited:
@ FPVFLYER.
When I use the app and record the flight using Shou non of the maps except "Radar Map" is visable when I play back video. Any ideas what might be wrong?
EDIT: It behaves just like if "assistant touch" was not active. Makes no difference if I toggle the switch on or off.
View attachment 16677
It's the same case on my iPad 3 with larger map area (Navigation Map & Full Map), though Radar Map is fine. Shou works fine on my iPhone 6+ in all map modes.

I'm unsure whether this is due to old iPad models with slower GPU. What iPad model are you using?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl