anyone use FPV booster app?

It's the same case on my iPad 3 with larger map area (Navigation Map & Full Map), though Radar Map is fine. Shou works fine on my iPhone 6+ in all map modes.

I'm unsure whether this is due to old iPad models with slower GPU. What iPad model are you using?

I am using iPad Mini with Retina Display, latest processor.
It is working for maps in the Inspire 1 app so must be something else?
Know that if the maps are "locked" (rotation) in the Inspire App. it is showing the same problem, with not displaying maps in recordings. As soon as I "unlock" the rotation of the map, all is fine. But I can't find anything like that in the FPV Booster App????

Edit: To clarify, I do have Assistive Touch active and it does work with DJI Pilot App for Inspire 1 but not when using FPV Booster App (outside of "Radar Map)

Last edited:
I have an iPhone 6 and have the same issue when I record with Shou. I can see the navigation but cannot see the FPV.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 375
PVFlyer:
I like your FPV Camera app a lot and use it most of the time. Today I experienced something odd though. I am using the auto recording feature. But today in mid flight suddenly video recording stopped and the flight time counter reset to 0:00 at the same time. This happened 3 times in 2 full battery flights.
I noticed it because the app made the "stopped video" sound. I wasn't even looking at the iPhone at the time. fortunately this time it wasn't in any crucial scene but if it had stopped in the middle of a scene some potentially good footage could have been ruined.
I am using an iPhone 6 and Phantom 2 Vision+ 3.0 all with the latest firmware.
Hope you can shine a light on this.

Bernd

PVFlyer:
I like your FPV Camera app a lot and use it most of the time. Today I experienced something odd though. I am using the auto recording feature. But today in mid flight suddenly video recording stopped and the flight time counter reset to 0:00 at the same time. This happened 3 times in 2 full battery flights.
I noticed it because the app made the "stopped video" sound. I wasn't even looking at the iPhone at the time. fortunately this time it wasn't in any crucial scene but if it had stopped in the middle of a scene some potentially good footage could have been ruined.
I am using an iPhone 6 and Phantom 2 Vision+ 3.0 all with the latest firmware.
Hope you can shine a light on this.

Bernd
Thanks for the feedback and we are well aware of this issue. It seems happening more often on FW 3.12, which causes DJI SDK sending false response to FPV Camera. We will address the issue in the upcoming update.

I have the Booster on an iPhone 5 and the app always shows low satellites while my DJI app will show 9-11 sats. I haven't been able to use this app since I downloaded it. Also I was under the impression that flight tracker was included but its another 6 buck

Can not use my ipad mini w/external GPS because of bug in IOS 8.3. Any ETA for fix?
We have been beta testing a new version of FPV Camera with the following enhancements. The "Merge Home/Pilot" option is likely to address your issue, though it cannot fix iOS 8.3 bug.

New Features:
- Up-to 12 custom telemetry data (similar to Android version FPV Camera)
- Check Booster ON/OFF upon opening FPV Camera
- Video recorder button, in case of unable to double-tap with 2-fingers
- Set default map view option (Normal, Satellite, Hybrid, Terrain)
- Swipe-right for capturing screenshot to Camera Roll
- Show Settings menu icon (lower-right corner) all time
- Shoot JPEG photo during video recording
- Merge Home/Pilot option for non-GPS iPad (Wi-Fi only)
- Hide Video Timer option to show/hide stock recording timer at the background
- Display "Possible GPS failure" message if invalid home point or aircraft detected
- Grayscale option to change Battery Meter and Wi-Fi Wand to black/gray/white color

Fixes:
- Smarter (more accurate) way of detecting motor STOP to avoid splitting flight log and stop video recording (Auto Recording option);
- Adjust auto-zoom level on Navigation Map and Radar Map on different screen size
- Address iOS 8.2/8.3 compatibility issues with DJI SDK

Question, after you boost the extender, do you have to leave the app open or I can switch to dji vision app? Do I have to do the boost every flight? If do the switch between apps do I have to boost again?

Question, after you boost the extender, do you have to leave the app open or I can switch to dji vision app? Do I have to do the boost every flight? If do the switch between apps do I have to boost again?
FYI, the booster app does NOT boost the extender at all, but it boosts the Phantom. After boosted, you may close/quit the app and the boosted effective stays until you power cycle the Phantom. If you fly with FPV Camera, there is an "Auto Booster" option to boost Phantom automatically during takeoff.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4