anyone use FPV booster app?

Reaction score
Just wondering your thoughts and if it is useful.

AndysAdventures said:
I use it for every flight.

My initial testing in my house led me to believe that it does make a significant difference in the FPV range.
Do you use it in place of the vision app? How does it work exactly?

I used it and since my Phantom took a swim it's the only proof I have of my battery failure.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYl4fZ1i6q8[/youtube]
Here's the demo video which sold me on the App.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf0XHXInuYI[/youtube]
The App itself is like $10 then another $10 for the FPV in this demo.
The flight logging is another $5 however it retains the data from the last flight which showed my last flight.

My next drone will probably be the Inspire which already has a similar interface to the FPV Booster App and there's a good chance that DJI will update their Phantom App with more features from the DJI Pilot App in the future.

So it gives you the ability to see a birds eye view in the same window as your FPV? That is pretty cool I will get it for that feature alone. Sometimes I will switch back and forth between camera and GS just to get a view of where I am on the map. Pretty cool im sold.

ccase39 said:
So it gives you the ability to see a birds eye view in the same window as your FPV? That is pretty cool I will get it for that feature alone. Sometimes I will switch back and forth between camera and GS just to get a view of where I am on the map. Pretty cool im sold.
Sorry your bird got wet. What can you do about it?

So if you have your battery warning set at 30% will it go into auto land or is it just going to warn you? In other words does it override how you have it set in your Assistant software? RTH altitude?

ccase39 said:
ccase39 said:
Sorry your bird got wet. What can you do about it?
It only happened last weekend and with the Chinese New Year DJI aren't looking at support tickets for another week.
I don't have a lot of hope of a resolution but I can at least add my evidence to the mounting pile of battery failures after less than a year.

The settings will override anything you set, it uses the official DJI API so ties into the system the way the official App does.

I just turned it on and everything looked cool but I got an invalid battery warning. It just popped up on the screen and quickly went away. It was a fully charged battery that came with the Phantom I got in today so I doubt its a bad battery. Everything looked good with it in Assistant anyway.

I use this FPV booster app a while and I am very satisfied, see my video's

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3vML_0kVMU[/youtube]

Here you see the flight tracker :

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVQCCVuW734[/youtube]

ccase39 said:
if you have your battery warning set at 30% will it go into auto land or is it just going to warn you
There is no way to set the battery level percentages. That was a feature in an old version of the Phantom Assistant.

There are two battery levels -- low (green box) and critical low (red box).

At the low level, your Phantom will start returning home if you have the following box checked in the Phantom Assistant application:

If this box is not checked, you'll be able to continue flying without interruption.

When the battery reaches the critical low level, your Phantom will auto land at its current location. While there is no way to stop this process, you will have slight control to adjust your Phantom so it lands in a safe spot as it's descending (if you can see it of course). It's best to land your Phantom once it reaches the low battery level -- or, at least have it close by so you can land it soon.

Attachments

• Level.png
    Level.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 596
  • Phantom2.png
    Phantom2.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 595
msinger said:
ccase39 said:
if you have your battery warning set at 30% will it go into auto land or is it just going to warn you
There is no way to set the battery level percentages. That was a feature in an old version of the Phantom Assistant.

There are two battery levels -- low (green box) and critical low (red box).

At the low level, your Phantom will start returning home if you have the following box checked in the Phantom Assistant application:

If this box is not checked, you'll be able to continue flying without interruption.

When the battery reaches the critical low level, your Phantom will auto land at its current location. While there is no way to stop this process, you will have slight control to adjust your Phantom so it lands in a safe spot as it's descending (if you can see it of course). It's best to land your Phantom once it reaches the low battery level -- or, at least have it close by so you can land it soon.

So I used it today to take some video. I first shot some with the normal DJI app and after changing batteries I used the FPV Booster App. When I got back home to check out the video I was able to view the video I took from Vision app but it would not let me view the video taken in FPV booster app. Says its wrong file or something. Any guesses as to what happened?

Perhaps you forgot to turn off the video record before you turned off the Phantom? If so, the video file will not be closed and saved correctly. Some have had success by turning the Phantom back on and the file should/might be closed properly.

TeeJayN said:
Perhaps you forgot to turn off the video record before you turned off the Phantom? If so, the video file will not be closed and saved correctly. Some have had success by turning the Phantom back on and the file should/might be closed properly.
Ahhhh bet that's it!

ccase39 said:
TeeJayN said:
Ahhhh bet that's it!

Yeah but the sad part is most likely there was nothing giving you the heads up to stop recording before power down. Most of us realize it has always been known that recording video and some flight loggers need to be inactive before power power down. But even the best of us easily forget to do it. Especially now with there being a large number of us who are using multiple apps trying to figure out which apps fit our needs. And most apps are also being changed in some way making it difficult doesn't help with remembering to stop recording.

TheloniousMac said:
I used it and since my Phantom took a swim it's the only proof I have of my battery failure.
The flight logging is another $5 however it retains the data from the last flight which showed my last flight.

Where do you get this app for android. In the play store I see PFV Booster but it is version 2. I can not find V3 like I see in the videos some have. Who is the maker of this app? I have the PV+ V3

Prowler said:
TheloniousMac said:

Where do you get this app for android. In the play store I see PFV Booster but it is version 2. I can not find V3 like I see in the videos some have. Who is the maker of this app? I have the PV+ V3

Pretty sure it has not made it to the android market yet. There is a app called Vision Pilot that is very similar in android. The owner of that app is not known for being very descriptive about his apps. Be sure you read what he does have at least twice though. Don't forget you have the option to refund if need be.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj