Anyone tried out Dronebase's Getty Images - or do you do it yourself?

Hey also, if you are in the USA make sure that you have your part 107 cert. if you are selling drone footage. They may or may not ask but in order to sell legally you should have one. You didn't say either way. If not, I can send you info how to go about getting one through private message and I'm sure others here will be glad to advise you also.
Also post a link to your portfolio so we can see your shots when you get set up over at Pond5.

Hey also, if you are in the USA make sure that you have your part 107 cert. if you are selling drone footage. They may or may not ask but in order to sell legally you should have one. You didn't say either way. If not, I can send you info how to go about getting one through private message and I'm sure others here will be glad to advise you also.
Also post a link to your portfolio so we can see your shots when you get set up over at Pond5.
I am part 107 certified so not an issue. Just trying to find ways to make money with my newly found license and it is proving more difficult than originally thought. Here is my portfolio Pond5 ~ World's Largest Stock Video Library, Audio Clips & More

No idea if that will work, but my account is still under review to be accepted.

I am part 107 certified so not an issue. Just trying to find ways to make money with my newly found license and it is proving more difficult than originally thought. Here is my portfolio Pond5 ~ World's Largest Stock Video Library, Audio Clips & More

Sorry but that isn't a link to your account and more than likely since you are new here and at Pond5 you do not have an account there yet.

You drag the files to here:
The release folder is for model/property releases, not your video. Video goes in the window that opens when you log on - the root for your user account.
My videos just say "scheduled for processing". Any idea how long that takes and if I have to leave my PC on?

The link is not to your portfolio. Your portfolio will have a URL with your username in it and you will not be available until they approve you as a producer.
I know what you mean about making money with the 107, although if I had more time for flying I would probably take on jobs other than just stock footage. I shoot the stock mostly for fun and figure that I can make a few dollars selling it too, why not?
There are plenty of ways to make money with the drone like real estate, inspection,mapping,agriculture to name a few, but I am busy and don't have the time to start another business. Also there are a lot of people flying for cheap without a cert. and they bring the prices down for everyone especially in real estate and indi film projects. Until something happens with that it's a race to the bottom for prices, but that is a whole discussion that has been beaten to death on here.

Good luck with your stock footage though, you have nothing to loose and it's always beer/coffee money if nothing else!

The link is not to your portfolio. Your portfolio will have a URL with your username in it and you will not be available until they approve you as a producer.
I know what you mean about making money with the 107, although if I had more time for flying I would probably take on jobs other than just stock footage. I shoot the stock mostly for fun and figure that I can make a few dollars selling it too, why not?
There are plenty of ways to make money with the drone like real estate, inspection,mapping,agriculture to name a few, but I am busy and don't have the time to start another business. Also there are a lot of people flying for cheap without a cert. and they bring the prices down for everyone especially in real estate and indi film projects. Until something happens with that it's a race to the bottom for prices, but that is a whole discussion that has been beaten to death on here.

Good luck with your stock footage though, you have nothing to loose and it's always beer/coffee money if nothing else!
My videos still say "scheduled for processing". Am I suppose to do something else?

Also, it kind of sucks that the market is so saturated. Perhaps this won't be a sustainable business, but luckily I will have my bachelor's in information systems in a year so looks like it is back to the drawing board =[

I think what everyone is missing here, is that Dronebase pays $15 per video PLUS you get money every time someone buys that video. I uploaded a few prior to the $15 payout and got $50 twice when one was purchased.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj