Dronebase, laughable or not?

Reaction score
I was just checking out Dronebase for possible future jobs in between my regulars... not going to send my birds up "on spec" but thought it might be a way to get into Getty Images through the back door.

Dronebase pays $15 for each video accepted...
Does this sound laughable to you or is this standard stock prices?

So...
I'm going to travel maybe hours to get to a location, time and gas, then send my $1,800 drone up into the elements to capture some video, then go back to my studio and massage the footage... all for $15... nah, don't think so...

They say their top pilot made 60K last year.
At $15/per that is 4,000 jobs / 365 = 11 jobs day everyday

Oh well...

My last gig with them was $85.

As a pilot that has flown jobs for Dronebase for two years and earned over 5 figures with them, I can say they are a solid company.

Like any crewing service, you have a wide variety of jobs available- real estate, mapping, insurance. I’ve seen jobs from $75-$300, and have several of their customers that I been flying monthly for over 18 months. Obviously, the larger city you are in, the more and better jobs you have available.

There has definitely been a shift in the market for pilot-for-hire jobs. You will find less real estate and commercial work and more insurance inspection work, and as more and more people look to monetize their drones, the prices will continue to trend lower. Having my own business, I pick the jobs with the best return and pass on the smaller ones.

If you are looking to pick up some extra work, I have seen the most jobs from Dronebase, and highly recommend them.

Has anyone seen jobs in the Houston area? I have found jobs on the Droners.io page, but nothing has ever popped up on Dronebase for me yet. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31