Anyone lost a P4 near Dural NSW Australia

DJI Support assure me that if I supply them with the serial numbers of this unit thier analytics team will be able to contact the original owner...

It took me an hour to get that assurance, you should see my screen captures of the conversation..

Anyway, I will make contact tomorrow..

You are a good man rob ....need more people like u around here. Hopefully original owner gets his p4 back!!!

Sounds ridiculous and I guess possession is nine tenths of the law

Not really, you aren't entitled to keep (or worse, sell) things that are obviously lost (potentially theft by finding), I certainly hope Rob and DJI are able to find the rightful owner.

Does anyone know if I get access to the machine will I be able to bind my controller and check if the original owner has named the unit after them self?

Does anyone know if I get access to the machine will I be able to bind my controller and check if the original owner has named the unit after them self?
You should be able to bind no problem assuming the drone battery is charged. Just use the app to link and something small to push in the link button on the drone. You might be able go into your flight logs and bring up the history of the previous owner, not sure. In general settings the previous owner may have named the device to provide a clue.

Should be quite easy to link the controller (although not sure if it will work if your rc f/w is 1.8 and the craft is still on old f/w)

You might be able go into your flight logs
I doubt it. Local logs are generated in the app when you fly. You can access the logs on the craft with a laptop and DJI assistant (I believe) but they are encrypted so not much use other than to DJI. Best to simply get DJI to contact the owner via email from the original activation info and serial number.

I doubt it. Local logs are generated in the app when you fly. You can access the logs on the craft with a laptop and DJI assistant (I believe) but they are encrypted so not much use other than to DJI. Best to simply get DJI to contact the owner via email from the original activation info and serial number.
Cheers for that, I've never tried it so no idea. I think Rob is going to try to get the serial number from it, assuming that the number inside the battery compartment is not generic and pass that along to DJI.

Tony's last reply to me was a testimony to the type of charachter he is.

upload_2017-1-21_16-23-13.png

Actually you can read the logs from the craft using datcon. How to retrieve a .DAT

Maybe that's the one I lost while testing a new home made super high capacity battery design! I took off from the Los Angeles area and headed southwest. I lost the video link at about 4,500 miles! It must've just kept flying. Let's get in contact so I can get my bird back...

Curt

Are their any drone groups in the area where it was recovered? If so, they may have info on a member that's lost one.

This person is 100% not within their right to keep or sell the drone. Theft of lost or mislaid property is a crime. The whole "possession is 9/10 of the law" is only on television, not actual criminal code.

Reactions: Casper`s P4
Happy to make contact with Tones...but will the numbers I get lead to the rightful owner getting their machine back?
Here in the States we have to register a drone with the FAA in order to fly. I'm not sure how it works there, but the FAA provides the registration number under your name. Do you guys have anything like that?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3