Anyone in Rhode Island?

I'm in Johnston Rhode Island definitely looking to meet up with anyone that flies around this area

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Love to check out your quads got phantom standard and just guy phantom 4 need to flu

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello everyone. Not sure if anyone is reading this thread anymore but it is worth a shot. I live in Middletown and was wondering where people go to fly on aquidneck island. Also, has anyone had to contact the ATC in Middletown and how did that go? I have a phantom 4 coming in the mail soon and have practice on a few smaller drones. And any info on local groups and clubs would be nice. Thanks

Hello everyone. Not sure if anyone is reading this thread anymore but it is worth a shot. I live in Middletown and was wondering where people go to fly on aquidneck island. Also, has anyone had to contact the ATC in Middletown and how did that go? I have a phantom 4 coming in the mail soon and have practice on a few smaller drones. And any info on local groups and clubs would be nice. Thanks

I live in East Providence. Haven't flown down your end at all. I'm not even sure about clubs in RI, but I just bought a P3P from Clud City Drones, and they are supposed to be trying to get something going, so I'll post here if they do. They are also supposed to be getting into racing drones... I'm building 2 of them as I type... so we'll see. Pretty cool that you're getting a 4. Cloud City does repairs, so you might want to keep them in mind. They are on Jefferson Boulevard near Green Airport (yea, I know, it's funny that a drone dealer is within 1/4 mile of a major airport... lol...). Good people there.

Hello from Swansea. My Phantom 4 will be arriving from Cloud City Drones tomorrow so I've been doing a lot of reading to learn the rules and regulations plus looking for places to fly without any problems. Some places that I have in mine are Colt State Park in Bristol, Horseneck Beach in Westport, the old Rocky Point in Warwick (is it to close to the airport) and the beaches in Newport. I wouldn't mine meeting up with others after I get used to flying.

I am from East Providence. I would think that Rocky Point is way too close to Green Airport. Colt State Park and Newport should be ok though. Watch out for Colt State Park, it gets VERY windy there for some reason. When the weather gets warmer I wouldn't mind getting together for some flying...

Hello from Swansea. My Phantom 4 will be arriving from Cloud City Drones tomorrow so I've been doing a lot of reading to learn the rules and regulations plus looking for places to fly without any problems. Some places that I have in mine are Colt State Park in Bristol, Horseneck Beach in Westport, the old Rocky Point in Warwick (is it to close to the airport) and the beaches in Newport. I wouldn't mine meeting up with others after I get used to flying.
Hi Guys, Swansea here too. Be nice if there were a listing of some type on where it's drone freindly to fly.

Use the "Before U Fly" app, gives a map of airports in the area. On weekends find a football field to fly in. I have a few in my area that I go to, except not much in this silly weather we are having... I've seen people say that they have problems at schools, but as long as it's on a weekend, and nothing is going on, I have been fine. When the weather gets warmer we should try to get a meet-up together.

I take my family to the Ice Cream Barn a lot in the summer... I'd LOVE to get permission to fly there sometime.

I take off from most anywhere. My front yard, parks, the side of some roads (when appropriate) ect...

I take off from most anywhere. My front yard, parks, the side of some roads (when appropriate) ect...

Same here... I live right across from a schoolyard/ballfield, and I fly there a lot... took this last week...
East Providence Sunset.JPG

I was on the other side of town the week before.

View attachment 75660

You can almost see my house from that shot... nice colors... next time you're there, let me know... I'll shoot you from my house, you shoot me from there... lol...

Reactions: MassGuy
I live in Barrington and have made a number of flights around here: Bullocks Cove and Barrington beach. Haines park as well. My view is that flying over water is probably not objectionable to the public. Some sites I'd like to video include 2ND beach, Purgatory Chasm and Brenton Point in Newport, Beavertail in Jamestown, Galilee, and Block Island's lighthouse.

Sent from my SM-T550 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I live in Barrington and have made a number of flights around here: Bullocks Cove and Barrington beach. Haines park as well. My view is that flying over water is probably not objectionable to the public. Some sites I'd like to video include 2ND beach, Purgatory Chasm and Brenton Point in Newport, Beavertail in Jamestown, Galilee, and Block Island's lighthouse.

Sent from my SM-T550 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I go to/through Barrington a lot, and right at the end of Wampanoag Trail where the new bridge is looks like a nice spot to fly. Purgatory is a State park, I think, so you might get some flack there. Thanks for the great ideas though. This was shot right by the Crescent Park Carousel...
Bullocks Point East Providence.JPG

I'm always thinking about new places to fly as I'm driving and am really looking forward to Summer when everything is green.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl