Anyone had missing items after DJI repair ?

Reaction score
Ive had many issues with DJI, mainly lies, lies and more lies but putting that aside, I paid for a repair to my drone and they sent me back the repaired item.

Here comes the next set of problems.

They have sent it back minus the battery and the propellers I sent it in with.
The case is marked and has scratches on it and it looks like they have repaired it with second hand parts.

It went in after the drone lost signal with the remote and fell to the floor damaging the case.
Its been a nightmare to deal with and now it seems set to continue.

Just wondering if anyone else had similar issues after a repair ?

I had just the opposite. I sent it in with no battery, no props and no SD card like they requested and when it came back it was repaired with a new shell and had a new SD card installed all under warranty due to stress cracks in the shell.

Reactions: foxtrot101
Sent mine away near new ,came back with dirty marks all over it faded and worn DJI sticker on top possibly a different topshell Mine was sent for signal problems.

Sent mine away near new ,came back with dirty marks all over it faded and worn DJI sticker on top possibly a different topshell Mine was sent for signal problems.

Exactly as mine, the top half of the shell does not look like mine, the dji logo is dirty and the skin is scratched and it wasnt prior to sending in.
They have replaced the bottom half but it has dirty marks and finger smudges all over it.

Mine came back clean and repaired, but the lens cap was missing. I have another one, so no problem to me, but I was a little disappointed. OTOH, they did the repairs properly, quickly, and under warranty.

It does say something like, " do not send props, batteries etc..," but to answer your question, I sent a 3d printed gimball lens cover, and when it returned, it was replaced with the stock gimbal protector. My experience with DJi has been great though :).

I realise that this is what it says but the operator told me to send it all in minus the remote.
The battery was damaged on the surface you see.

Tried to fly mine today .The controller will not bind to the AC .When I sent it had a range of about 10m but would connect with both the controllers I hAve ( one has a DBS booster) Now neither will connect .Looks like it's going to be packed and sent off again .

Reactions: HeitmannTech
Tried to fly mine today .The controller will not bind to the AC .When I sent it had a range of about 10m but would connect with both the controllers I hAve ( one has a DBS booster) Now neither will connect .Looks like it's going to be packed and sent off again .

Appalling service.
I am going to their booth at the UK drone show next month as talking to them is frustrating as they just lie and fob me off.

Mine came back better than it went... I haven't checked the serials but suspect it likely they just gave me a new AC (for shell crack issue).

I sent my controller in to have them install the hdmi board as I tried to get it to work and so did a local shop, neither of us could make either of the two different hdmi boards work. When they sent the drone back it worked great but they did not send the original board and cover back. I sent am email asking for the board to be returned, they contacted me for details to clarify what happened and about two weeks later I received the old board and cover.
They do ask you not to send any of the batteries, props accessories etc. and state that they may not be returned if you do. You should contact them and explain what happened. It may take some time but they will probably send your parts back.

Sent my standard in a few months ago under warranty for dropping out of the sky. It returned missing a new proper functioning mainboard, the lens cover, the arm stickers, and a repair sheet.
It went back for round 2 and came back with a new mainboard, 3 new motors (not even in need of repair), a new lens cover, a whole new set of stickers, the repair sheet that should come with every repair, and a shiny express shipping label as a sorry for the bad service. (and maybe because i sent multiple aggressive messages to them and put out some negative tweets about them)

I didn't get any paper work with mine ,in fact no communication at all from when I sent it to to when it came back. So I have no idea what they did or didn't do. It does looks like it may have gone to outer Mongolia on a small horse or camel ..in a saddle bag... through a desert..with the wind blowing the dust hard... but then I'm only guessing.

got my P4 back yesterday, was sent a brand new one back , along with my modded controller and black screw on antennas I purchased along with the ITE panel from MaxxUAV.com...service went off with no issues from DJI quick turn around...couldn't be happier

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic