Anyone else have a Flytrex Live die recently?

Reaction score
Hi,

Strange things been going on with my Flytrex Live 3G. Worked great until now and no longer can connect it to their server. Talked to T-Mobile and found a way to check their Sim card and data link and found it is working fine. So the problem must be with either the unit or their server is down.

I just purchased a second Flytrex Live 3G but cannot get it to connect to the data link either. I suspect this unit may have a problem because it will not complete the firmware update at all.

They both have the same led sequence now. Red, then Blue, then Purple but never get the green connect LED. They both just keep repeating that sequence and never connect.

I wanted to see if anyone else is having a similar problem. Hopefully it is just their server is AFU. That part worries me that if they decide to fold their tent, my investment will be zilch.

i flew yesterday afternoon with no issues, i'm in the UK & using Giff Gaff.

i share your worries if they do decide to give up & we're left with a useless plastic box

Hi Yariv,

I have already sent three emails regarding this current problem as of three days ago, no response yet. I really don't have any confidence anymore in Flytrex. I am sending the unit I just purchased back to the dealer for credit because it is obviously defective because it does not work. Also it will not update to the latest firmware revision. I was hoping that would resolve the issue of it not working. If you happen to find my emails it is documented on what is happening. The real mystery is why the one that actually worked one time stopped working?

03/17/15 UPDATE TO THE ABOVE MSG.

Yariv,

Out of total frustration, if you can find the emails I sent to Flytrex support, you will see that my last email is, "No need to reply now". I am getting rid of my Flytrex. My sanity is worth more to me.
I'll let others sort it out and maybe someday try again.

But thanks for at least replying here to my message.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl