Anyone else getting "Poor" signal quality?

Reaction score
I've been getting poor signal quality. It keeps going from poor to good and back up to poor. It mostly stays on poor and advises me to fly with caution due to signal interference. It happens at all times in various different locations. I'm literally standing 10 feet away to 500 feet away. It's weird. Anyone have any advice or help? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Fly outside the city - way outside

I have the same issue at various parts of the place where I routinely fly. The ground from where I fly seems to interfere with the signal but has no effect on the performance once the bird is up in the air. To get around it I use a small platform to launch from and the issue goes away. Only seems to effect the PS3 and not my P4.

You might reconsider doing another controller update with a re-link to aircraft afterwards.

Does anyone think I can use one of those copper or silver signal boosters? I'm just concerned because of losing full signal and video the other day which scares the crap out of me. Luckily it wasn't too far away from me. I fly the Mavic Pro in the same place literally right after or right before and it says good signal and doesn't change. I really stress on this issue. Makes me not want to fly my Phantom 4 which is my favorite drone :(

If you mean those cheap windsurfers, yes, that would help.

If you mean amps, IMO, amps are what you add later, after you've solved all the other range problems.

If you're in the city, I would not want to fly from the sidewalk. Go to a park or something, or better yet, get out of the city. :grinning:

Does anyone think I can use one of those copper or silver signal boosters? I'm just concerned because of losing full signal and video the other day which scares the crap out of me. Luckily it wasn't too far away from me. I fly the Mavic Pro in the same place literally right after or right before and it says good signal and doesn't change. I really stress on this issue. Makes me not want to fly my Phantom 4 which is my favorite drone :(

Pick up a wind surfer. it will double you signal strength in most cases. I've flown my P3a out over 18000 ft with no problems, other have gone farther. the best bang for your buck.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
My first advice is to post more details ;-).
Are there other WiFi signals around that can interfere? Did you try different channels and lock on them for a while?
What about software and firmware Upgrades?Did you loose control or /and HD downlink? Etc...
However, I had also weird incidents after upgrading Rc firmware and Go app. It displayed "no signal" and no HD range but I wasn't full control. Strange was that I saw the video on the Hdmi output but not on the Dji go app...
.Sounds like buggy software or some mismatch..

My first advice is to post more details ;-).
Are there other WiFi signals around that can interfere? Did you try different channels and lock on them for a while?
What about software and firmware Upgrades?Did you loose control or /and HD downlink? Etc...
However, I had also weird incidents after upgrading Rc firmware and Go app. It displayed "no signal" and no HD range but I wasn't full control. Strange was that I saw the video on the Hdmi output but not on the Dji go app...
.Sounds like buggy software or some mismatch..

No other wife signals, I go out in the desert

I will try different channels. Thank you.

I just did a factory reset and reinstalled updates and did VPS calibration, imu calibration, relinked controller.

Yes I lost both control and video. I was given a slider option to RTH which I slid and it came down. I gained control but no video about 15 or so feet off ground then I cancelled RTH and hand caught.

I haven't flown since doing all the updates and calibrations because it's pretty windy out and looks like it might rain. But I did turn everything on left the P4 in the living room and went into each room . Went to the back of the house and signal only changed to poor for a split second but mostly stayed on good, video never cut out with no glitches or pixelization

I will answer this question in Spanish because i think i get bad inglish.. El problema con la calidad del video se me presentó en mi phanton 4 la imagen se deterioraba, se paralizaba y aparecían rayas horizontales que se degradaban de color en la pantalla del equipo, pude resolverlo cambiando el cable de conexión entre el control remoto y el dispositivo (teléfono) la razón es que el cable no tenía la capacidad de transmitir a la velocidad en el que viaja la informacion por lo que a mas largo el cable la señal sufre mayor atenuación, igualmente pudiese resolverse bajando la resolución de captura de video, no colocarlo en 4K, colocarlo en una resolución que sea compatible con el equipo donde estas viendo el video.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

This question I will answer in Spanish because i think i get bad inglish .. The problem with the video quality was presented to me in my phanton 4, the image deteriorated, he was paralyzed and horizontal stripes appeared to be degraded color screen team, I could solve it by changing the connection cable between the remote control and the device (phone) the reason is that the cable was not able to transmit to the speed in which travels so longer-information cable signal suffer greater attenuation, it could also be resolved by lowering the resolution of video capture, no place in 4K, place it in a resolution that is compatible with the computer where the video viewing.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic