Any way to turn off the close to airport warning?

Reaction score
Hi All,

As per the above title, I was wondering do we know if there is an option to turn off the warning when getting close to an airport. Before I give the wrong impression, I want to just explain my motives....

I live about 4 miles out from an airport in the UK. its a commercial airport that does not service passenger planes (not that it matters) and I am on the boundary of the warning zone around the airport and so I get the pop up message every few seconds. I'd never fly within or close to the zone, and to be fair I am at home, so again I wouldn't fly around a built up area, but as a cheapskate I have been using my phantom as a hand camera that's gimbled.... Meaning I have no props on and holding the arms and filming footage it allows me to get an ok shot without spending ££££ on a decent camera + something like a DJI Ronin.

also, not as much I have been messing with the flight sim and again, every few seconds I get the popup about being near an airport.

I'm using the latest version of the iOS pilot app with an iPad air.

But the OP indicated that his concern is using the Phantom handheld (ie NOT while flying).
You're correct, I did miss that one sentence out of the entire post. Still holds though, the only way to get rid of the pop up is to either disable the GPS by blocking it's signal, or move out of the no-fly zone to do your filming, either by hand or flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl