Any update on shipping ?

Single battery orders are supposed to ship at the end of this month. Amazon is showing me a ship date of April 29th for my order.

Last edited:
Checking my inbox, I discovered an email from the company I have preordered from, advising me the new Phantom was now in stock. For a heart stopping moment or two, I allowed myself to believe it. Then reality kicked in and being the cautious old fox that I am, I decided to telephone and check before posting here.

Somewhat predictably, it was a mistake, generated by their automated system, though he couldn't explain why. In answer to my question, his reply was late April/May.

I have been told by my supplier that DJI have scheduled their order to be delivered to them on the 1st May however he did say based on previous experience they expect them w/e 8th May with delivery to me early w/c 11th May..... so 4 weeks worst case 2.5 weeks best case....Fingers crossed

That's where I ordered from too.

Reactions: Built Drones
I have the feeling UAV is getting them on the target date of the 22nd and shipping immediately with a delivery date of the 29th.

Don't even have one ordered and yawl got me excited :rolleyes: Fingers crossed for all of ya :)
images.png
;)

Reactions: Alex Kiritsis
I also heard from UAV Outlets that DJI was shipping them product on 4/22 with them trying to ship out a week later. Keep in mind that the items won't ARRIVE at UAV on the 22nd, that's when DJI ships. It also looks like they don't have a confirmation on quantities yet because I was trying to find out if I should cancel my DJI pre-order and order with them instead (so I could get the extra batter package with the battery shipping in May) but they said that at this point they didn't know if they'd receive enough inventory to cover all the pre-orders.

Right now I'm holding on to my pre-order from DJI that I placed on Monday unless I know they'd be able to cover my order next week.

Reactions: Gearie
It looks like UAV-Outlet orders placed today or beyond are shipping on May 15th.

The same is probably true if your order from DJI now too. The longer you wait to order, the longer it'll take to ship.

Last edited:
RC group forum next week...dealers will star 22/23rd if you ordered w extra batt, t8hey will deliver it later mid may...this is accurate in all the dealer's are setting up. Can't wait !!!!

So everyone is going to get them at same time you just have to wait for the extra batt...cool my dealer advexure.com confirmed info ...

It's odd. It seems that people who ordered through the dealers will get the P3 first and the batteries later but DJI refuses to do this. If you order the extra battery package through DJI they ship it all in mid May. I'm really sort of pissed that I ordered directly through DJI instead of using a dealer because now I'm going to have to pay an extra $59 for a battery in mid May. I absolutely had to have the P3 by early May for a trip so thought I took the safe route.

Lots of info that says dealers are going to get them first then the public...buying from dji is more a pain for them than shipping mass quantities to one person rather thousand's to individuals. Makes full logic

davemex, I'm thinking the batteries will be the same price as the P2 batteries -- considering that the price of the Phantom did not go up.

Lots of info that says dealers are going to get them first then the public...buying from dji is more a pain for them than shipping mass quantities to one person rather thousand's to individuals. Makes full logic

I haven't seen anything confirming that but I would imagine they'd try to get their dealers a week to receive inventory before sending out their own shipments. It just seems like good dealer relations. Regardless, still kicking myself for going straight to DJI but I wanted to get in line as quickly as possible (I also waited until Monday to make sure 3DR didn't someone work a miracle and release a better product - not the case).

As for the battery price, I hope the theory about them being closer to the Phantom 2 price is right. That would take the sting out.

I haven't seen anything confirming that but I would imagine they'd try to get their dealers a week to receive inventory before sending out their own shipments. It just seems like good dealer relations. Regardless, still kicking myself for going straight to DJI but I wanted to get in line as quickly as possible (I also waited until Monday to make sure 3DR didn't someone work a miracle and release a better product - not the case).

As for the battery price, I hope the theory about them being closer to the Phantom 2 price is right. That would take the sting out.
Someone on the rcforum said allerc will have extras, you mite want to see if you can do that? Save $59.00 and order the one with extra battery as it was only $100.00 with the bundle.

I ordered from expert drones through Amazon with the extra battery, I got an email for April 30th but order details has May 5th May 9th

I ordered through US Hobby since they are 1 of 5 proffered DJI dealers in the US. Hopefully since they are a preferred dealer they are one of the first to get them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31