Any update on shipping ?

My seller told me "Amazon users are not going to get their order may be until end of May. The supplier to Amazon was punished for violating the MAP rules."

Not sure what MAP rules are. Anyone heard about this?

I hear only charging a deposit instead of full price will also violating MAP

I want to say thank you to all the beta testers on this post. When you do receive your quad, please put some videos up ASAP. In addition, would like to hear all your comments.

I just had a conversation with a DJI Rep. Here is how it went.

Gearie

Hello,

My order number is #19094. When should I honestly expect delivery of the copter based on my order status?

I have a gig in the Florida Keys on June 1st and was hoping that a month would be enough time for it to be delivered.

Please give me any details you have on my order. Thank you.

-Gearie

Serina joined the chat
Serina
please hold on, I will check for you

Gearie
okay

Serina
For Phantom 3 with extra battery, starting shipping from mid May. It will takes 3-5 working days for delivery after shipping.

Your order ######### is in the pre-order list, and the priority number is 4866. Sorry that we do not have exact shipping date at this moment. But all the orders will be shipped out according to payment time.

Gearie
Question?

What does the priority number actually indicate?

Serina
It means that there are 4865 customers before you.

Gearie
Great

Do you know how many units will ship at 1 time in mid May?

Serina
Sorry that we're not sure about it. You are recommended to confirm it with [email protected].

Gearie
Will do.

1 more question before you go.

There are a number of dealers speaking of getting deliveries as soon as April 27th-May 1st. I would have thought DJI would ship to their direct clients 1st. Is there any truth to that?

Serina
Our Online store will ship out orders firstly and sooner than dealers.

Gearie
Thank you!

Serina
You are very welcome, Gearie. Please do feel free to let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you for choosing DJI, "The Future of Possible!”

Reactions: downshift
So what I am gathering is no one but DJi and probably only a handful of people at DJi know what's gonna ship when and if direct orders will ship before or after dealer orders.

The only thing to do now is wait and see what actually happens. This will reveal who's talking outta their rears and who isn't.

There's no point in trying to figure out what's actually gonna happen. Grab a beer, relax and just wait. Live your life.

Reactions: Meta4 and Gearie
Serina
For Phantom 3, starting shipping FROM next week. It will takes 3-5 working days for delivery after shipping.

Your order is in the pre-order list, and the priority number is 273. Sorry that we do not have exact shipping date at this moment. But all the orders will be shipped out according to payment time.

Reactions: Gearie
Serina
For Phantom 3, starting shipping FROM next week. It will takes 3-5 working days for delivery after shipping.

Your order is in the pre-order list, and the priority number is 273. Sorry that we do not have exact shipping date at this moment. But all the orders will be shipped out according to payment time.
Wow!

The only thing to do now is wait and see what actually happens. This will reveal who's talking outta their rears and who isn't..

Yup, I'm done sleuthing. I'll wait until May 25th before making any more inquiries my friends. If it comes before then I'll be more than happy.

I would be surprised if DJI ships direct to end user before fulfilling bulk (dealer) orders.
It's no different then Netflix or Redbox getting movies before Tuesday's release.

I was told the same thing, that direct web orders from DJI would ship along with Tier One dealers, but as they are going direct to the buyer via DHL and don't have to be re-shipped by a dealer they would start arriving first. One can only hope....

I preordered my Phantom on 10th April and the payment has already gone through on my credit card. If I have to settle the full amount, as I usually do, on the 10th of May and the bird still hasn't arrived, I shall be a very frustrated old fox indeed.

In fact, I might even sneak out and kill a coupla' chickens...

Reactions: Gearie
If the chicken farmer has a drone, you may be in for a surprise...

Well, I will let all of you know, since I am 65th in line. I should hear something soon.

I take it DJI will have some large transport planes on hand to ship the thousands of units around the world.

Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 15.45.10.png

Reactions: Advexure
Yes, I am sure the Ruskies want some $$ at present.
We had some of the Antonov transporters locally a while back on this side of the pond delivering yachts.
10,000 drones each not a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West