Any known or upcoming extenders / repeaters to extend distance?

Reaction score
The P3P goes pretty far and that's great but I'm certain too far is not far enough for me. You may be like me or know a guy who is and completely understand the need to push limits.

My ideal situation would be having an antenna on top of my house that is strong enough for me to FPV at least 2 miles away from the couch with a live feed to my TV. Can anyone with expertise on this point me in the right direction if it is even possible?

You only have 20 minutes of battery time, man... at some point it's not about range, it's about power.

Reactions: clkilljoy
You only have 20 minutes of battery time, man... at some point it's not about range, it's about power.
This is true. I took mine out 3.1 miles and could of gone a little bit more. Decided battery was the issue. Looked back at my log when I landed and it said 2:15 seconds left of flight. I'm not keen on using lipos past 30% when I fly helis. 3.1 miles is enough for me not to break into my remote to make changes. I'll relocate if I want to see something.

The P3P goes pretty far and that's great but I'm certain too far is not far enough for me. You may be like me or know a guy who is and completely understand the need to push limits.

My ideal situation would be having an antenna on top of my house that is strong enough for me to FPV at least 2 miles away from the couch with a live feed to my TV. Can anyone with expertise on this point me in the right direction if it is even possible?

Yes, FPVLR's (fpvlr.com) Phantom 3 Advanced Antenna kit!

I pushed her out to over 15000 feet today(tho the flight log is sayin it was 17000ish) feet in the city and turned around and came back and was down to 31% battery by the time I got her in and landed. and it was pretty harry for the first 1/2 of the return flight and must of been facing some wind cause it was slow. Then after the second part of the return trip it picked up speed and came back at a pretty good clip. But I'm glad the wind was not to bad the whole way. Or I would of really been cutting it close on the battery.

I pushed her out to over 15000 feet today(tho the flight log is sayin it was 17000ish) feet in the city and turned around and came back and was down to 31% battery by the time I got her in and landed. and it was pretty harry for the first 1/2 of the return flight and must of been facing some wind cause it was slow. Then after the second part of the return trip it picked up speed and came back at a pretty good clip. But I'm glad the wind was not to bad the whole way. Or I would of really been cutting it close on the battery.
that why you always fly upwind on long range flights ;)
;)

DJI's Lightbridge Technology does not currently appear to be repeatable.

It obliviously has good range limited to mostly to a sight line. But, over a hill, down in or behind objects at a distance.... not possible.

that why you always fly upwind on long range flights

Ya ideally that is true. Tho were I live. The wind can some times change direction at any moment and also come and go with out much warning. It can also like in the case of my flight yesterday can be vastly different in one area then the next. and be very different at different elevations. Yesterdays flight I took off heading in to the wind but on the way back most of the return trip was also heading in to the wind till it got back to this side of the Hudson River valley. and also clear of any hills and any thing high and was able to also bring her down some while it was coming back for the last few 1,000 feet of the trip.

Ideally tho I do always try to know what way the wind is blowing before I fly esp if planing to go far. But the operative word is try cause here some times thats all you can do is make a judgement call and the best guess and hope it dont change any time while in the air. I also like to always check the weather. Because storms can some times seem like they just came out off nowhere.

If only there was a way to have an App display a single calculated number:

Time remaining till you must begin your return to home.
Perhaps some third party App developer can extract the necessary data points from DJI API SDK.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic