Any ideas .... Gimble going crazy

Reaction score
Had a crash and as a result the ribbon cable detached from the camera. I had it replaced today and when I powered up the copter, the camera goes wild and cant settle into position. Any advice or recommendations is appreciated.

video isn't working

have you calibrated the gimbal? it looks like its trying to find its neutral position

have you calibrated the gimbal? it looks like its trying to find its neutral position
Yes at least 3 times. The servo gets hot when it after a short time. The video is a short version of its erratic behavior.

I had the same problem with my p3s. I did nearly everything. I checked the boards, motors, alignment. I studied for 2 months and read and watched every U tube video I could find. I said I did nearly everything, except fix it. I bought a new gimbal. Let me know when you find out. I can sell it for more fixed. Good luck!

Reactions: epicdoom
I saw something some time back about resetting the zero points for the gimbal motors required removing the cover near the little motors and aligning something ill see if I can fid that video. there are a bunch of videos here on the gimbal after a crash getting realignment
gimbal motor alignment phantom 3 - YouTube

Reactions: marcp
Might be a long shot, but have you tried downgrading the firmware as it may settle it?

Had a crash and as a result the ribbon cable detached from the camera. I had it replaced today and when I powered up the copter, the camera goes wild and cant settle into position. Any advice or recommendations is appreciated.

Wow r2d2 inside,try hold drone facing the ceiling and power on,might react differently

Reactions: marcp and epicdoom
Yes at least 3 times. The servo gets hot when it after a short time. The video is a short version of its erratic behavior.
The set screw on the gimbal arm is loose. It's trying to adjust and center, but it keeps moving and can't. Easy fix. ---

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl