Any good camera & gimbal options for v1.1.1 (like on MavicPros)?

Reaction score
I've got a v1.1.1 that I've modded up (iOSD Mini, FPV, chinese 3-axis gimbal, GoPro Hero 3+ Black), but I haven't been very happy with the video quality for quite some time, so I never fly the thing anymore.

I've tweaked the hell out of the gimbal and it's working pretty good for the most part - except when I get to speeds of 20+mph - which is how fast I usually need to go in order to film the stuff I'm trying to capture. I also think that something has happened to my GoPro - has it's just not as sharp as it used to be. I'll admit that I've ran the quad into the ground on two different occasions, so I'm guessing that might have affected the GoPro somehow (knocked a lens or sensor out of place?). Either way, I'd like to try and find something that would allow me to film a higher quality video than the GoPro 3+, but from what I've read, that's the last GoPro that has the outputs necessary for FPV.

Has anyone heard of doing something like taking a newer gimbal (Phantom 4 or Mavic Pro) and wiring it up to work on a v1.1.1 Phantom? Those gimbal/camera setups seem to work great compared to the bulky 3-axis gimbal & GoPro setup that I'm using.

Last edited:
Going to just update my own post...

I bought a Yi 4k+ after finding out that it has a video out. I haven't wired it up to fit in the Phantom just yet, but I'm thinking that it should work just fine. 4K @ 60fps!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20