antenna tracker

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a modified P2 vision +, antenna FPVLR stage 3, and beginning to fly long distances.
The PFV booster app does wondefull things, like the Wifi wand (a direct line on you screen what you have to point at the bird), giving you the best possible range.
But when reaching the limit (yesterday was above 2km for me) it really becomes very important to aim.
Now, i see some solutions with an antenna tracking device, wondering, if it would be possible with the vision + 2.4Wifi / 5.8control system?
Anyone?

RudydG said:
Hello,
I have a modified P2 vision +, antenna FPVLR stage 3, and beginning to fly long distances.
The PFV booster app does wondefull things, like the Wifi wand (a direct line on you screen what you have to point at the bird), giving you the best possible range.
But when reaching the limit (yesterday was above 2km for me) it really becomes very important to aim.
Now, i see some solutions with an antenna tracking device, wondering, if it would be possible with the vision + 2.4Wifi / 5.8control system?
Anyone?

Possible, definitely, easy no. For a vision, which uses 2.4ghz for telemetry, you can't use anything off the shelf, because they all use proprietary 5.8g data streams over the audio channel of a VTX, received by proprietary antenna trackers. The best solution for a vision in terms of cost and weight would be an app that gets the telemetry data via the SDK, and then rebroadcasts it via blue tooth to an Arduino, which in-turn controls the tracker servos. The bird would not need to fly any additional equipment, which means no added weight and no extra power draw.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20