Another no video feed.

Reaction score
I've got a phantom 3 professional I bought with liquid damage to the camera. I've fitted a new 4k camera and gimbal off eBay but it still don't work. It will fly ok, take pictures and videos viewable from the SD card. I've tried with my phone (Huawei P30 pro) and shows no error just a grey screen, tried with an iPad air it shows two different messages. Sometimes it says weak image transmission and the screen is black, the other is no image transmission signal and the screen is grey. I repair computers so have a good understanding of these things but I'm unable to figure this one out. Things I've tried is. Downgrade firmware, relink RC, new ribbon cable (even though it was saving images and videos to the card, different devices and leads, recalibrate, checked for loose wires. Hope someone can help. ?

Try rebooting the app and sign back in. I know p3 standard well, but not your model. Your problem on the p3s could be antenna or gimbal board. On p3s it still will fly without telemetry with bad antenna. On new gimbal all water stickers are white and not red.( Camera and gimbal board) If you can, hook up a different RC.
Let us know, it you get it working again, so we all can learn.

Reactions: Capt KO
I've got a phantom 3 professional I bought with liquid damage to the camera. I've fitted a new 4k camera and gimbal off eBay but it still don't work. It will fly ok, take pictures and videos viewable from the SD card. I've tried with my phone (Huawei P30 pro) and shows no error just a grey screen, tried with an iPad air it shows two different messages. Sometimes it says weak image transmission and the screen is black, the other is no image transmission signal and the screen is grey. I repair computers so have a good understanding of these things but I'm unable to figure this one out. Things I've tried is. Downgrade firmware, relink RC, new ribbon cable (even though it was saving images and videos to the card, different devices and leads, recalibrate, checked for loose wires. Hope someone can help. ?
Welcome to the forum.
A couple of years back, @quaddamage put together a frequently referenced troubleshooting chart (linked below) to which we routinely direct people. Perhaps it will help in your case.

I don't want to waste money so decided to buy another p3 pro and swap one bit at the time until i know the issue. Then "sell" the other one. (for the wife's benefit) it will do as a spare ?when I know the issue I just need to buy that one part.

Welcome to the forum.
A couple of years back, @quaddamage put together a frequently referenced troubleshooting chart (linked below) to which we routinely direct people. Perhaps it will help in your case.

I went though this and ended up at "downgrade firmware" but still not working.

Sounds like the gimbal board needs to be re-flashed.

Reactions: JoBe
I went though this and ended up at "downgrade firmware" but still not working.
Hmm interesting. I don’t recall ever seeing a suggestion to downgrade FW in that troubleshooting chart. I’ll have to read through it again one day. I do recall suggesting to put a very old FW version on the SD card to be sure it would not change FW but will generate the important LOG_AB file. As noted in the chart (and many other posts), that file often shows “device not detected” for modules 8 and 15 when people see “no image transmission.”

How do I do that?
The same post with the troubleshooting chart has the links to reflashing instructions. Try clicking on the “Davinci Diagnosis Diagram and Links.”

Last edited:
I've changed the whole gimbal and camera, and the small board behind it (can't remember what it's called) but still no luck. I've tried installing new firmware by holding the button but it fails, also tried installing 1.11.30 and that fails, both with a long continuous beep. I've looked at the log and it says something like firmware update failed reboot and try again.

I did briefly get a black and white picture yesterday for about 2 seconds and then went back to grey - no signal and black - low signal.

I've ordered new cables. Can't see any damage but one wire was crushed but still whole. I've change the main board now too and still not working. The only thing I haven't changed is the cables and the aerial's. The old gimbal did have liquid damage so thinking about it maybe it could be the aerial. I have looked at them but can't see any damage.

Doubt it would be the fan, I changed the whole gimbal and camera assembly. Let you know when the cables arrive ?

Finally got it working. Turned out to be the cable between the gimbal and the ofdm board. There's no visible damage but at least it's working now. Thanks for everyone help I do really appreciate it.

Reactions: Oso

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic