Another mysterious crash

I agree about the IMU/Compass thing. The only time I calibrqated the compass was out of the box, and after one error. IMU has not been messed with through all the updates and the MODs are all within nominal values. It's part of the pre-flight checklist, and periodically I check in flight as well. She flies and hovers perfectly.

Also, since you were flying in a residential area, and you were hovering stationary at the time, is it possible it was hit by an air rifle or BB gun?
If a prop were hit by a pellet I would imagine something like this would be the result.
Any marks on the body indicating it was hit by pellets?

Reactions: Reed L
I'm in the same boat as you man with my p3 taking a drunken sea bath last week. Have to send it off to dji Germany on Monday but I'm expecting at least 8 weeks of being grounded due to experience.

I have a guy that claims he can repair any issue. Might void the warranty but the turn around time would only be a week or so. Think I'll give that a shot before sending it to DJI and waiting 2 months to see if it is covered under warranty. Not saying it's the better way to go but I'll never know unless I try.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
I have a guy that claims he can repair any issue. Might void the warranty but the turn around time would only be a week or so. Think I'll give that a shot before sending it to DJI and waiting 2 months to see if it is covered under warranty. Not saying it's the better way to go but I'll never know unless I try.
Ah in my case I know there is something fried from the salt water on the board, on the camera or in the gimbal which are parts that only dji will have to replace. I know mine has to go to dji hospital, but just glad I retrieved her to get fixed rather than buying another one.

Exactly my thought.

@__astronaut

Did the prop hubs remain on all four motors?
Are you able to power it up to check if all motors are spinning?

I'll posting photos when the result back from DJI, which hopefully a few weeks from now. Let's just say it's pretty beat up.

I can power it on but the RC will not connect so I can't check if motors are still spinning.

Also, I don't see any sign of it being hit. All I heard was the props spinning since it was far from I was standing.

The first thing DJI will do is ask for the dat files which are on the aircraft.

This is the sub port on the front of the craft.

TRY THIS: Below are the steps to get flight log: a. Connect Phantom 3 aircraft body and PC via usb cable, turn on RC & Phantom 3. Run Djipilot. b.Click “mode” icon get into “advanced settings”. c.Click “ MC enter read flight data mode”. d.After a few seconds, the DJI FLY LOG disk will be detected by PC and data can be available then.

Thanks

He stated about 3 times (including right above your post) that he can no longer connect the RC to the phantom

The first thing DJI will do is ask for the dat files which are on the aircraft.

This is the sub port on the front of the craft.

TRY THIS: Below are the steps to get flight log: a. Connect Phantom 3 aircraft body and PC via usb cable, turn on RC & Phantom 3. Run Djipilot. b.Click “mode” icon get into “advanced settings”. c.Click “ MC enter read flight data mode”. d.After a few seconds, the DJI FLY LOG disk will be detected by PC and data can be available then.

Thanks

He stated about 3 times (including right above your post) that he can no longer connect the RC to the phantom

Well, I gave it another shot anyway but it still would not connect. The iOS kept saying "RC connected. Connect the aircraft". It powers up but is probably unable to initialize successfully. Only LEDs on the left side of the aircraft blinks. The other two on the right just don't work at all.

Quick update. I sent mine in last week. DJI acknowledge receipt earlier this week with a repair tracking number. Today I went in to check (just for giggles) and the assessment was already done and the unit already being repaired free of charge. It's nice that DJI isn't charging me for it, but I hope this isn't one of their one-time courtesy things because it was most likely not a user error. If I call in, will they be transparent about what really went wrong?

Quick update. I sent mine in last week. DJI acknowledge receipt earlier this week with a repair tracking number. Today I went in to check (just for giggles) and the assessment was already done and the unit already being repaired free of charge. It's nice that DJI isn't charging me for it, but I hope this isn't one of their one-time courtesy things because it was most likely not a user error. If I call in, will they be transparent about what really went wrong?
You should get a description analysis and repairs

Are these MOD values good?

This is after I took my new P3P out of the box, upgraded to 1.3.2, did a cold IMU calibration (popped in the fridge for a few minutes) and then a compass calibration.

I was in my tower blocks car park about 20ft away from my block and 5ft away from concrete wall.

Did realise that when the P3 was closer the MOD values (last box) was slightly higher in numbers and when moved away it would go closer to 1500.

Also if I remember clearly my P3A did not show the acceleration value like the P3P does in the picture, is that normal?

Attachments

• 1443007807473.jpg
    1443007807473.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 266
I had the same failure and contacted DJI and sent it in for warranty repair. One motor stopped in flight. They replaced my P3 and controller free of charge. But took 7 weeks.

I had the same failure and contacted DJI and sent it in for warranty repair. One motor stopped in flight. They replaced my P3 and controller free of charge. But took 7 weeks.

Did DJI tell you that one motor stopped in flight or did you know that at the time of the indecent?

Also, I heard from DJI today via email that they had finished by repaired. I also got a FedEx notification saying mine would arrive back home on Friday. So that will make it exactly two weeks for door-to-door repair service. I'm not sure if they just replaced mine since it was pretty beat up after the crash. In any case, it only took two weeks rather than 4-6 weeks per their initial estimate or compared to others' experience with 7-8 weeks.

Reactions: bobmyers
When u contacted them did Dji asked u to send them your controller too or u decided to send it yourself ? Did the controller had an issue too?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik