Another mysterious crash

this is a 120ft drop in 3 sec. did you shutdown the motors?
in midair?

Haha it all happened in a about 4 seconds. I was adjust the camera angle and witnessed the spin about a second or so. Then when I looked up, it already almost hit the ground.

Kk1BjN.gif

Also, this guy below claimed that his crash was caused by a propeller coming off (at 0:47 seconds). Mine crash looked nothing like it if I remember correctly. It was way more furious spins.

Last edited:
Haha it all happened in a about 4 seconds. I was adjust the camera angle and witnessed the spin about a second or so. Then when I looked up, it already almost hit the ground.

v107Vk.gif

Also, this guy below claimed that his crash was caused by a propeller coming off (at 0:47 seconds). Mine crash looked nothing like it if I remember correctly. It was way more furious spins.

Can you give a better video of the top video with the stick inputs. Being able to watch it without the black bars is very important

Did not calibrate since there is no official recommendation from DJI to do that after an upgrade (only from people posting in forums).

Firstly, sorry to hear about your bird

So, what you are saying here is that you DID NOT calibrate ANYTHING after FW update?

Last edited:
Reactions: reboot81
Even if you just dropped it from 120ft it would take more then 4 seconds to hit the ground, including the distance traveled. Something to do with the motors, props IMO

So, what you are saying here is that you DID NOT calibrate ANYTHING after FW update?

Maybe a lesson to be learned here as well ( for all )
I didn't calibrate after update, mine didn't spin out of control. I can't find anywhere creditable that says calibrate after update. Although I might not be looking in the right places.

There cant be a lesson learned when the crash has nothing to do with anything calibrated, and a calibration wasn't needed.
Thats like saying.. Sorry for your loss but you deserved it just because cake is baked.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Did you recover it? Any photos of the damage? Im thinking you lost a prop mid air or a motor stopped working.

... Had you done an IMU and compass calibration after the upgrade? Unfortunately there could be a lot of things that went wrong to cause this.... but based on the brief description the compass is my first suspect....
Just stop it with the compulsory/obsessive/manic "IMU and compass" calibration advice.

The guy just said it was not the first flight after the upgrade, Jeeezzzz

Reactions: snowghost
There cant be a lesson learned when the crash has nothing to do with anything calibrated, and a calibration wasn't needed.
Thats like saying.. Sorry for your loss but you deserved it just because cake is baked.

And I didn't state he deserved it, not even close

Just food for thought, not that I bake

Also, there are other factors that could make this happen

Hope it works out for him

Good Luck

Last edited:
Just stop it with the compulsory/obsessive/manic "IMU and compass" calibration advice.

The guy just said it was not the first flight after the upgrade, Jeeezzzz

I could see compass failure but not due to not calibrating it.

CSC Wouldnt cause spinning or accelerated descent.

Even if you just dropped it from 120ft it would take more then 4 seconds to hit the ground, including the distance traveled. Something to do with the motors, props IMO
Lads I love you two a lot but REALLY???
Csc would cause uncontrollable spinning, twisting, tumbling, rapid descent, and 120ft in 4 seconds free fall is no problem at all. I'd like to see the stick combinations in the flight log that were blacked out.

Reactions: brianb87
Lads I love you two a lot but REALLY???
Csc would cause uncontrollable spinning, twisting, tumbling, rapid descent, and 120ft in 4 seconds free fall is no problem at all. I'd like to see the stick combinations in the flight log that were blacked out.

I updated my GIF on the earlier post. As you can see, I only start moving both sticks trying to take control of the aircraft after it had already started falling.

Yes, I did not calibrate after the update that came out earlier this week. I have never seen any where in documentation where DJI states that IMU/compass calibration is recommended after an update. I got my unit last week, calibrated one and had never flown anywhere yet except my backyard.

I updated my GIF on the earlier post. As you can see, I only start moving both sticks trying to take control of the aircraft after it had already started falling.

Yes, I did not calibrate after the update that came out earlier this week. I have never seen any where in documentation where DJI states that IMU/compass calibration is recommended after an update. I got my unit last week, calibrated one and had never flown anywhere yet except my backyard.

Again, sorry for your loss

Good luck and I hope you find out why

Cool well sticks don't shoe csc so it's one of any of my first suggestions as in esc, motor, prop failure or a bird strike took out a prop. Unfortunately that's the best I can give you and unless dji have better analysis software that can tell it's going to be a mystery. Hope they fix it up for you man.

Reactions: __astronaut
Cool well sticks don't shoe csc so it's one of any of my first suggestions as in esc, motor, prop failure or a bird strike took out a prop. Unfortunately that's the best I can give you and unless dji have better analysis software that can tell it's going to be a mystery. Hope they fix it up for you man.

I hope this is under warranty. It's discouraging that their service is so slow.

I'm in the same boat as you man with my p3 taking a drunken sea bath last week. Have to send it off to dji Germany on Monday but I'm expecting at least 8 weeks of being grounded due to experience.

Free fall from zero vertical velocity would theoretically (vacuum) descend 257 ft in 4 seconds, and would then have reached the speed of 87 mph.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20