Another failed Firmware

Reaction score
Hello all,
Last firmware update failed.. All lights on the AC are red. The RC will not connect to the AC either via USB or Wireless. Assistant2 finds the AC, attempts to upgrade the firmware fail around 17%. I have formatted an SD, copied the correct firmware on to the SD, plugged it into the AC but the Assistant2 does not locate the firmware on the AC/SD. Is it bricked? Should I send this out to DJI?

Thanks much

I have formatted an SD, copied the correct firmware on to the SD, plugged it into the AC but the Assistant2 does not locate the firmware on the AC/SD.
Format the memory card and try installing the firmware as shown below. The DJI Assistant 2 application will download the firmware and install it.

Thanks..
Tried this 2 - 3 times.. The progress bar reaches 15% then fails. I receive error code and will not proceed.

Did you also try the "Restore Factory Defaults" option?

I did try "Restore Factory Defaults", several times and still nothing.. Oddly, when I insert the SD in the AC and open Assistant2, Assistant2 finds the AC ok, but only displays one Firmware Version. Question, should the Assistant2 display both current version and the version for the .bin file on the SD? Perhaps I am formatting the SD incorrectly (FAT32)?

Thanks..

should the Assistant2 display both current version and the version for the .bin file on the SD?
The DJI Assistant 2 application will download the firmware. A BIN should not be in the root of the memory card prior to connecting to the DJI Assistant 2 application. The BIN is only for updating the firmware on the remote controller.

Good example not to upgrade anything if its working.. My Phantom 4 Pro Plus was working perfectly when I purchased it a few months ago, no issues whatsoever. Then, I started following the prompts on the controller to update and each and every update would add a unique issue until, the final update of the no fly zone which seemed to affect maps and radar, both developed jitter and I could no longer safely fly. So, I upgraded to the lasts firmware and as a result bricked the Drone. DJI support suggested I send it to repair for diagnostics. This Phantom is a few months old and quite possibly more money will be required to repair this.. Anyone who owns the Phantom Pro Plus experienced the same?

Good example not to upgrade anything if its working.. My Phantom 4 Pro Plus was working perfectly when I purchased it a few months ago, no issues whatsoever. Then, I started following the prompts on the controller to update and each and every update would add a unique issue until, the final update of the no fly zone which seemed to affect maps and radar, both developed jitter and I could no longer safely fly. So, I upgraded to the lasts firmware and as a result bricked the Drone. DJI support suggested I send it to repair for diagnostics. This Phantom is a few months old and quite possibly more money will be required to repair this.. Anyone who owns the Phantom Pro Plus experienced the same?
This won't cost you anything but "down time". Send it in asap to DJI Cerritos. Ask DJI to send you a prepaid shipping label since it's under warranty. I have best luck communicating through their website support link.

I have P3A and after doing the last firmware upgrade, the gimbal failed to work properly. Jiggled video and slanted horizon. After doing numerous gimbal calibrations and all other recommendations, I sent to DJI. They charged me over $200 to change out the gimbal motherboard. Seems to me it was a product failure. This is after a month of waiting. I just want to get it fixed so I can sell the dam thing and be done with DJI.

That's not good news.. I gave up on my Phantom Pro Plus trying to stabilize the AC. After the last firmware upgrade I've experienced the same cause and affect of many. The AC became unstable and aggressive. When ready for take off it shook and leaned for side to side. The person next to me said it looked "angry". I took it for one flight, returned to re-installed the firmware and that's when the real issues started. So, off it went to DJI. I already purchased a replacement, I heard stories about DJI's support. So, I'll have a Phantom 4 Pro Plus for sale when its shipped back to me and tested.

Reactions: Gpanek
That's not good news.. I gave up on my Phantom Pro Plus trying to stabilize the AC. After the last firmware upgrade I've experienced the same cause and affect of many. The AC became unstable and aggressive. When ready for take off it shook and leaned for side to side. The person next to me said it looked "angry". I took it for one flight, returned to re-installed the firmware and that's when the real issues started. So, off it went to DJI. I already purchased a replacement, I heard stories about DJI's support. So, I'll have a Phantom 4 Pro Plus for sale when its shipped back to me and tested.
What did you replace it with? just curious.

I'm selling the drone the day I get it back from DJI if anyone is interested. Priced to sell....

Should have stayed on version '503' firmware ... the latest version is a horrendous mess and causes more issues than it ever fixed on a P4P+. I was fortunate to be able to downgrade back to the '503' version after attempting to do the upgrade to '602 (before they pulled that option from their Site)

So my question is.. Has anyone here successfully and safely downgraded their firmware to "503" on the P4P+?
The last thing I want to do is brick my AC.. I have successfully upgraded the RC WITHOUT upgrading the AC. This has worked well through the last few weeks of testing. Again, if the RC nags you about firmware required OR the RC "Locks" the AC, delete the upgrade text file in the RC on the SD Card. You may need to delete this file often as it re-creates itself.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl