Annoying lag after pressing shutter button

RPP

Reaction score
Website
www.parrikar.com
I use an iPad mini with my P4P v2 controller. When I take a photo using the controller button, there is a lag before it is ready for the next exposure. In the interim the red button on the iPad keeps ‘rotating’ before it is ready for the next shot.

Anyone else experiencing this?

(My iPad software and DJI Go app are all updated to the latest versions, as is the drone firmware.)

I see this issue has been around for a while -

Not really an 'issue', but rather simply the time it takes to write the file to the card. Could be a slow card, but the Phantom's do not have large buffers to make quick shooting easy. I've pressed the shutter again while a file is being written and I believe it also gets written to the card in order. What I don't like is that I don't hear the pretend shutter sound on any exposures while writing is in process. Very unsettling. This is a flaw in the software.

Reactions: RPP and Capt KO
I have been using the Samsung card that came with the purchase instead of the SanDisk cards I normally use. I will switch now and see if it makes a difference.

I use an iPad mini with my P4P v2 controller. When I take a photo using the controller button, there is a lag before it is ready for the next exposure. In the interim the red button on the iPad keeps ‘rotating’ before it is ready for the next shot.

Anyone else experiencing this?

(My iPad software and DJI Go app are all updated to the latest versions, as is the drone firmware.)
Yes...I have it too. Seems it takes some time to write the photo to the card. Photos are fine, just can't shoot rapid fire.

There is a useful hardware test program on PC called h2testw, it can reveal the r/w speeds of USB memory sticks and cards (and can also be used to test the entire card)

I have often found (with video cameras and DSLR) that SD cards that have been used for a while can 'hit the wall' and start to degrade on speed.

I use only use Sandisk Extreme Pro cards with my P4Pro.

HTH

In my case P4P pressing the shutter button on the controller will make a shutter sound but only once every three pictures ! But the photos will be taken even without earring he sound !

Reactions: JeffreyS
Have the same issue when doing inspections and having to wait to take the next photo, running the fastest available SD cards. Annoying

Reactions: RPP
Have the same issue when doing inspections and having to wait to take the next photo, running the fastest available SD cards. Annoying

yes, I can confirm it is not a card issue. There is something else going on.

Reactions: CColson
So the next thing I'd try is set the photo mode to JPEG, not JPEG+RAW (this might demonstrate that it's a write speed issue)

I'm guessing that you're definitely in single shot mode, not bracketing, etc?

A

So the next thing I'd try is set the photo mode to JPEG, not JPEG+RAW (this might demonstrate that it's a write speed issue)

I'm guessing that you're definitely in single shot mode, not bracketing, etc?

A

I shoot in RAW (not RAW+JPEG). And yes, single node. DJI can't handle writing sufficiently fast to the top of the line SanDisk cards?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic