Angry birds - attacks Mavic multiple times in one vid

Reaction score
this guy nearly had me, scary!

This is the second time at this location with an angry bird chasing me. First time (link below he hit me)

This time just relentless chasing and trying to take me down.

This vid multiple attacks
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This vid he hits me

Funny video! What color is your drone? Is it possible they believe it to be a rival species of bird? Just seems a bit odd that they would attack it.

Black drone- well dark grey. I am thinking the same, stickers may help me disguise myself

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I fly a stock P3A my buddies P4 is grey/black, crows attack the colored P4 ,not the white P3!!
Crows think its a rival "tribe", lucky you didn't face a murder of crows!

you should put something that spins on top to protect it

There has to be a frequency that birds hate, find something to blast it.

that or try a scarecrow
I was wondering about those sonic/bug electric devices, I think they are all bogus? Not sure they really work that well?

Might be something g to try though. About to go fly, birds scare me more than a software bug now :)

I was wondering about those sonic/bug electric devices, I think they are all bogus? Not sure they really work that well?

Might be something g to try though. About to go fly, birds scare me more than a software bug now :)

There is lots of evidence to suggest that those bug repeller style ones dont do much against birds, but then again supposedly they do.

I would be more worried about size/weight etc of the device.

Plus if it's a small diaphragm, it's not going to move a lot of air. It would be worth testing for sure.

However, making your drone more annoying is probably going to be harder on the humans than the birds...at that point you're literally just flying a noisemaker with a camera on it

Last edited:
I fly mostly around the Colorado Springs area and there are usually crows most places I go, but none have shown an interest in my white P3A (yet).

That said, I have had a small raptor (a hawk probably) circle the drone on a couple of occasions, but not attack (again, not yet). I'm hoping the noise combined with the white color of the aircraft will deter most birds, but crows can be a PITA in so many ways (at least in my area).

Sent from my LG V10 using the PhantomPilots app for Android.

this guy nearly had me, scary!

This is the second time at this location with an angry bird chasing me. First time (link below he hit me)

This time just relentless chasing and trying to take me down.

This vid multiple attacks

This vid he hits me
If you were "worried" why didn't you simply land or fly the Mavic very close to the ground or (no-flying) move to another area not in the bird's conflict zone? (no need to reply), I was just wondering.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31