The Proof birds do Calculate. Bird spots me on fly by.

So i will testing out the Lume strobe lights during the day seeing if it has impact on the birds as my last encounter with them is still reeling my mind some.

It looks like our (UK) Herring Gull (Larus argentatus), and seems to exhibit similar defensive behaviour! I didn't notice a nest though?
The behaviour is pretty clear anyway. They will swoop at an intruder with or without legs down. They will attack humans if their nest site is threatened, sometimes striking them with enough force to draw blood or render unconcious (Birds of the Western Palearctic , Oxford, 1985). They will also call to attract nearby gulls and mob the invader, and defaecate towards their target, so watch out when ... .... .... ... fan!!

I have a picture somewhere from my rock-climbing days of a fibreglass helmet with a fist sized hole in it made by a herring gull!! But I think you were far enough away not to present a serious threat to whatever it was defending.

Happy flying from the UK.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
I agree there was an abort as he clearly had me on speed and position and Im thinking that once he was close enough he realized he could not eat me. lol
It realized it had webbed feet and no talons to grab you! Abort mission!

Great video and the funny thing is, my friend just posted a video of a gull doing the same thing except it went under his drone. Good to know about these guys. I mainly focused on eagles, hawks, falcons, and those darn darting sparrows.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj