Android FPV Booster V3 with FPV Camera

I don't want a refund. I like what I see. I was only curious why he says it will not work with the original vision when I'm using the Vision plus controller and extender. I suppose I could try and see.
I know PVFlyer has been around helping others for a long time here so I know he will be responding soon. I like getting things that are made or shared through our community.

I don't want a refund. I like what I see. I was only curious why he says it will not work with the original vision when I'm using the Vision plus controller and extender. I suppose I could try and see.
I know PVFlyer has been around helping others for a long time here so I know he will be responding soon. I like getting things that are made or shared through our community.
The booster part was designed for Vision-Plus only, as it boosts the Wi-Fi of Phantom aircraft instead of range extender. It's unrelated to the controller at all. The app states itself "FPV Booster for Vision+"

If you use it for non-Plus, you should turn OFF Auto Booster in FPV Camera Settings to ensure the booster is OFF.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skipholiday
I dont know about his other ventures and I am sure he is trying his best but like I said there are several Apps out there that offer a ton more including ground station. Like I said the signal strength indicator is a cool concept but I really have my doubts if it even works. I lose signal a lot quicker and it seems to initiate
'RTH at a lot closer distances. There are other apps out there that have split screen and booster along with GS that work much better IMO although they dont have signal indicator.
You may try to turn OFF the booster. RTH seems dropping 5.8G control signal while the booster only deals with 2.4G FPV/telemetry.

This app targets Android 4.2 or above. There are plenty of incompatible possibilities in Android, such as OS version, carrier, rooted device, etc.

The app brings a complete new FPV experience for flying DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ with innovative features. It does not intend to replace or duplicate DJI VISION app or any other apps. We prefer to build a solid FPV foundation instead of rushing out many features, like GS/waypoint, POI, follow-me. We spent 100+ development hours alone to build a framework and ensure correct FPV screen aspect ratio regardless device screen size and resolution. I found most of other apps don't even care/know how to maintain correct FPV aspect ratio.

Do you have to buy this app then buy the fpv camera app as well costing in total around £12? If so thats pretty steep and is the fpv camera really worth it?

ok so I just took my + further than control signal and although I got the out of signal range I did not get a message saying "gone home" like the default DJI app ?

Has anyone tried using the booster part of this app then opening the stock DJI app and getting no video feed and a connection error? V2 used to work perfectly with other apps but V3 seems to hog the connection. How can I roll back to v2? Thanks

Reactions: AmosMoses
Has anyone tried using the booster part of this app then opening the stock DJI app and getting no video feed and a connection error? V2 used to work perfectly with other apps but V3 seems to hog the connection. How can I roll back to v2? Thanks

I’ve noticed this also. While the new features are pretty cool, it appears that they have completely broken the app and its ability to work alongside/with other apps! It would be better if there was an option to disable the camera function and use the boost only if wanted.

Very disappointing!

I’ve noticed this also. While the new features are pretty cool, it appears that they have completely broken the app and its ability to work alongside/with other apps! It would be better if there was an option to disable the camera function and use the boost only if wanted.

Very disappointing!
You may refer to "Important Notes" section in About > FPV Camera > Features for the basics as below.

"When you switch back-and-forth between DJI VISION app and FPV Camera (or other DJI SDK apps), you may need to completely quit non-used apps (by BACK button all the way out) to avoid locking up FPV connection in the background. Otherwise, you may see "Phantom Connection Broken" and "Video Signal Lost" messages shown on FPV Camera screen."

I use an iPad mini without data (wifi only). Unless I have wifi, which I wouldn't out flying, how would I get the base map used on the right map display?

You may refer to "Important Notes" section in About > FPV Camera > Features for the basics as below.

"When you switch back-and-forth between DJI VISION app and FPV Camera (or other DJI SDK apps), you may need to completely quit non-used apps (by BACK button all the way out) to avoid locking up FPV connection in the background. Otherwise, you may see "Phantom Connection Broken" and "Video Signal Lost" messages shown on FPV Camera screen."

Thanks for the info. I've done this but it seems like if I "back out" of the booster app completely then open. Say the dji app. It doesn't seem like I'm getting any signal gains like I was before the update.
Most of the time it will cause a crash of whichever pilot app I try to open.

Thanks for the info. I've done this but it seems like if I "back out" of the booster app completely then open. Say the dji app. It doesn't seem like I'm getting any signal gains like I was before the update.
Most of the time it will cause a crash of whichever pilot app I try to open.
That's NOT true. Once you boost P2V+, the boosted P2V+ stays until you power cycle it. You can quit the booster app or even turn off the boosting device, and fly with another device.

You may refer to About > FPV Booster > FAQ - Q7. Can I boost Vision+ aircraft from one device and fly FPV with another device (including Epson Moverio BT-200)?

That's NOT true. Once you boost P2V+, the boosted P2V+ stays until you power cycle it. You can quit the booster app or even turn off the boosting device, and fly with another device.

You may refer to About > FPV Booster > FAQ - Q7. Can I boost Vision+ aircraft from one device and fly FPV with another device (including Epson Moverio BT-200)?

Form my experience it's most definitely TRUE. I have no reason to lie about what I'm seeing or my personal results!
I hope I'm just misunderstanding you but are calling me a liar??
Where I was losing control signal before video around 1300' now after the update video is dropping out at around 700'/800'. Same area and usually same time of day. That's IF whatever pilot app I use doesn't crash AFTER using the booster app.

Form my experience it's most definitely TRUE. I have no reason to lie about what I'm seeing or my personal results!
I hope I'm just misunderstanding you but are calling me a liar??
Where I was losing control signal before video around 1300' now after the update video is dropping out at around 700'/800'. Same area and usually same time of day. That's IF whatever pilot app I use doesn't crash AFTER using the booster app.
I have never called you "a liar". I'm trying to help and explain how it works, If you don't trust or listen, that's fine. Good luck.

I have never called you "a liar". I'm trying to help and explain how it works, If you don't trust or listen, that's fine. Good luck.
Okay.... Usually when someone tells me that what I say is "NOT true" I take that as what I said was a lie but okay. Thanks for clarifying...

I understand how you say the app is supposed to work BUT in my case (using 2 different android devices) it appears that there is something running in the background that's causing a conflict with other apps. I'm no developer and I am happy to support the hard work that you guys do BUT I think you might be taking my issue and concerns with your app a bit too personal??
But hey. Thanks for wishing me good luck.... [emoji6]

Reactions: UKFlyer
I Agree there is something wrong with the v3 version of the app when just using the booster side anyhow, the dji app has stopped working a couple of times and also the camera firmware and so on is not displayed in the settings of the dji app, i've been using the v2 app for a year now and never had any problems or the dji app stop working.
As soon as i stop the fpv booster the dji app works perfectly normal with everything displayed as normal so i know there is definitely something wrong with the fpv booster app.
Is there any way to go back to version 2?

Reactions: AmosMoses

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic