Android 6.0 and DJI Go 2.7.2

Reaction score
I already had the GO app 2.7.2 on my phone, Note 5, and every thing worked fine. Then I downloaded the new Android 6.0 update. Now I can't enter the camera view. All I get is the 'How to Connect" page. I have uninstalled the 2.7.2 and installed it twice. Nothing changes. I've checked the USB connection by connecting to my computer and opening SideSync, and everything works fine. So it appears that media info is flowing through the USB connection.

I have used an inexpensive LG tablet with the 2.7.2 and the latest firmware upgrades and it flies fine. Just the image on the screen is so dark that it's hard to fly. My phone has a very bright image.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a fix. Thanks.

When you apply a new update, there are good chances that you remove previously set values. Your App has to recognize AC to open the correct settings. Default is P4.

You switch on in this order, it might help you.

Switch RC on >>> Switch AC on. Check Led on RC should turn green. Now connect App and start it.

I also have a Note 5 (primarily use a Nexus 7 tablet though). Make sure in the notifications area you choose to make the USB a Media Device (MTP? I think thats the nomenclature?). My Note 5 always defaults to USB Charging only, and I can't get it to change the defaults in the developer options either.

When you apply a new update, there are good chances that you remove previously set values. Your App has to recognize AC to open the correct settings. Default is P4.

You switch on in this order, it might help you.

Switch RC on >>> Switch AC on. Check Led on RC should turn green. Now connect App and start it.
Thank you, I tried that sequence, but it didn't work.

I also have a Note 5 (primarily use a Nexus 7 tablet though). Make sure in the notifications area you choose to make the USB a Media Device (MTP? I think thats the nomenclature?). My Note 5 always defaults to USB Charging only, and I can't get it to change the defaults in the developer options either.
Gimpster,
I have looked and looked for the location to change that setting and have not been able to find it. Would you please share with me where that is located. That is definitely a good possibility.

Danny

On my Note, after plugging in the controller, I have to slide down the notifications bar up top and then tap "Connected for..." which then brings up another screen allowing me to choose what mode the USB port on the phone will be in. I must choose the "Transferring media files" option to make it work on my phone.

I have taken a couple screenshots with my phone. I hope they help.

Gimpster,
I have looked and looked for the location to change that setting and have not been able to find it. Would you please share with me where that is located. That is definitely a good possibility.

Danny

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160502-123952.png
    Screenshot_20160502-123952.png
    303.5 KB · Views: 457
  • Screenshot_20160502-124014.png
    Screenshot_20160502-124014.png
    332.7 KB · Views: 493
On my Note, after plugging in the controller, I have to slide down the notifications bar up top and then tap "Connected for..." which then brings up another screen allowing me to choose what mode the USB port on the phone will be in. I must choose the "Transferring media files" option to make it work on my phone. I have taken a couple screenshots with my phone. I hope they help.

From several searches on Google, I finally found it. With the Marshmallow OS update (Android 6.0) on a Note 5 and several other phones and tablets, the USB configuration is no longer on the notifications bar, but rather it is hidden in the "Developer Options" which is also hidden. To find it follow these steps:
Plug in the USB connector.
In settings go to "About phone"
Tap "Build number" 5 to 7 times. It will tell you when you have opened "developer options"
Go back out to "Settings" and under the System group, you will now find "Developer Options" available....open that.
Go down the screen and turn on USB debugging.
Go down the page further to USB configuration and tap.
Then tap MTP.

Beware that in Marshmallow, the USB configuration is set to "charging" by default, so every time the USB is unplugged after going through the above process, the USB will revert to "charging" mode. The next time the USB is plugged in for use with the DJI Go app, one will have to go back to Developer options, turn on the USB debugging and open USB configuration and tap MTP.

It is a pain, BUT IT DOES WORK.
Thanks alokbhargava and Gimpster for your efforts to help. I hope this helps other folks having problems with the Marshmallow update.

Danny

Reactions: Gimpster
Glad you got it working! Okay, now all of those other steps are coming back to me from 2-3 months ago. My car has Android Auto, and the dealer had to walk me through all of that. Thus why I can select :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl