And so it starts, in our state of Arizona

Yea that's what it says in the link . This is going on all over bro. Not sure why ya call him an A-hole though .
Maybe the right thing to have done was ask her if she minded but why was he charged with that .

Reactions: GoodnNuff and 750r
If there ever was a national pole taken of which states had the most A-holes :eek: in its governments Arizona :rolleyes: would win hands down. :D

If there ever was a national pole taken of which states had the most A-holes :eek: in its governments Arizona :rolleyes: would win hands down. :D
He wasn't calling the government that but the flyer Jason .

Reactions: GoodnNuff
But it only one city government to pass a law banning drones in that state for others within to follow. My statement was about the state and not about Mr Huebl.

Looks like careless or reckless aircraft operation . 6 months later and before the law is even passed really . You know they will pass the law everyone voting is old and scared of "drones" from the news hyped lies/bs . Like dirk said he should have asked her but then again it's FOX so he might have .

Reactions: dirkclod
The report keeps mentioning that there are no laws against private or commercial flight of drones. Even the city attorney stated this. So obviously they don't have a clue. Notice that they charged him 6 months later? Seems like it took them this long to find out that there _are_ laws in place.

To me it seems like the flyer did the correct thing. At first it sounded like his attorney was sugar coating the story but the police report appears to back it up 100%. The flyer landed, explained himself to the home owner and told her who he was. What we have here is a homeowner that just does not understand what was being done was the same as standing on public property and taking photos of her home.

Personally, if I was going to be taking photos of one person's home I think I'd probably ask first. It's a little more obtrusive then just flying over an area. But it's not required.

What we need is _education_ and _information_... not illegal laws and/or laws that are pointless. Read the law they are proposing... it's about as stupid as stupid gets. The law states that it does not apply to; "model flying airplanes". Setting aside all of the other problems with the law, I think a person could easily argue that a drone is a model flying airplane. After all, the law calls a drone an "aircraft".

Here is the kicker to the whole thing... they charged this person for what he was doing. Then it appears they agree that there are already existing laws to protect people from what happened. Yet they feel the need to collect fees from people to fly UAVs. Odd... seems a "fee" to the city solves all of these problems. Also, no mention of what the amount of this "fee" will be. They make the law allowing the "fee" and only _then_ determine how much it will be. You also will need to obtain the permit with enough time for the police to tell _everyone_ within 500' of the area you are flying about the flight and give them time to respond. So you could easily need to wait a month before flying. This effectively would shut down the use of a UAV in this city. This law is _WAY_ over-bearing.

A couple of cities tried unsuccessfully banning quadcopters. The most recent was the city of Ferndale, MI. The city immediately dropped the issue when they found they did NOT have any say on the issue. Many threatened with lawsuits if the city went forward with the ordinance. Some said they were insulted to be thrown into a group that had malicious and nefarious intent. So, the city felt they should wait for the FAA to respond with their regulations.

They also should have their city appointed lawyers look into prior attempts from cities that tried instituting such bans before sticking the cities foot in their mouth.

The report keeps mentioning that there are no laws against private or commercial flight of drones. Even the city attorney stated this. So obviously they don't have a clue. Notice that they charged him 6 months later? Seems like it took them this long to find out that there _are_ laws in place.

To me it seems like the flyer did the correct thing. At first it sounded like his attorney was sugar coating the story but the police report appears to back it up 100%. The flyer landed, explained himself to the home owner and told her who he was. What we have here is a homeowner that just does not understand what was being done was the same as standing on public property and taking photos of her home.

Personally, if I was going to be taking photos of one person's home I think I'd probably ask first. It's a little more obtrusive then just flying over an area. But it's not required.

What we need is _education_ and _information_... not illegal laws and/or laws that are pointless. Read the law they are proposing... it's about as stupid as stupid gets. The law states that it does not apply to; "model flying airplanes". Setting aside all of the other problems with the law, I think a person could easily argue that a drone is a model flying airplane. After all, the law calls a drone an "aircraft".

Here is the kicker to the whole thing... they charged this person for what he was doing. Then it appears they agree that there are already existing laws to protect people from what happened. Yet they feel the need to collect fees from people to fly UAVs. Odd... seems a "fee" to the city solves all of these problems. Also, no mention of what the amount of this "fee" will be. They make the law allowing the "fee" and only _then_ determine how much it will be. You also will need to obtain the permit with enough time for the police to tell _everyone_ within 500' of the area you are flying about the flight and give them time to respond. So you could easily need to wait a month before flying. This effectively would shut down the use of a UAV in this city. This law is _WAY_ over-bearing.
Yup....seek permission first. Would have saved this guy a lot of trouble.
And it would have saved the guy who flew over and filmed the VA hospital from the trouble he is now in.
Either get permission or use more stealth and fly from a hidden vantage point.

Reactions: dirkclod
Yup....seek permission first. Would have saved this guy a lot of trouble.
And it would have saved the guy who flew over and filmed the VA hospital from the trouble he is now in.
Either get permission or use more stealth and fly from a hidden vantage point.
Sometimes I feel like a drone ninja. Might need to change my username to droninja.

Arizona born and bred, I am. A bit of background for those not from the Phoenix area - Paradise Valley is a very high dollar real estate section of the valley. I believe (but not certain) that the town has an ordinance that requires at least 1 acre per house density. The result is multi-million dollar homes, and the preferred zip code of sports and music stars, and other wealthy sorts.

Don't accuse me of being a snob, as though someone in a million dollar home deserves better protection from the law than those us that live across town in the more modest 'burbs - that's not my point. But I do suggest that the richer neighbors might be quick on the draw when they encounter some perceived invasion of their privacy. Locally, Paradise Valley does have a reputation of DWB arrests.

But, regarding the story - I thought Mark Yori (The drone shop owner) was well spoken and it sounds like he made good progress when he presented true facts to the town council. Hopefully that'll prevent them from voting in some knee-jerk reaction ordinance.

Did I miss it in the story? Did Mr. Hueble actually fly over the property that he no longer owns, or near it? If over it, was there any mention of how high? I would think that if he was buzzing over the house at 30 feet, a polite explanation to the now-owner after the fact really isn't enough. As GoodnNuff suggests, perhaps a polite knock on the door first might have saved a lot of trouble.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.