Amp help!

Reaction score
Flew with my amps this morning, all went well but I was expecting a whole lot more. 10,100 feet before signal loss RTH. I've gone 10,842 feet with my DBS and no amps, same location.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

My 5.8 seemed solid, I didn't see it drop one bar the whole time so I'm assuming it's the 2.4 that initiated the RTH.

1x 2.4 sunhans
1x 5.8 sunhans

Everything is connected correctly.
Maybe today just sucks. Lol
Any ideas?

I do have the 2.4 bird side 2.0 mod done, but have been getting consistent range with it and don't think it's causing any problems.
54e203b595e2172bfe878969d59bf083.jpg
1738a69ec6e6067a6b71fcda66480fc7.jpg

34f76dca7067536e31e6e546fc4bbc38.jpg
c84d50f05f828bfa79ccd845fe1a21da.jpg

Last edited:
Could be "today", I've seen that happen. Same location/flight path?
10,000 is average and good for the standard &a dbs unboosted, def shoulda ringed a little more with boosters. Are tripod or freehand? It's all about the aim with the standard!
Also you've added extra cables since you've gone 10,800 unboosted, make sure those are good shape/ quality. In theory a cable should be a cable but I've had a high quality cable that I used for months all of a sudden become defective. I'd say that's rare but it did happen to me.

Those P3A/P antennas shoooouuld be fine, but did you get the unboosted 10,800' before those were installed? And now you're having issues.

Those P3A/P antennas shoooouuld be fine, but did you get the unboosted 10,800' before those were installed? And now you're having issues.

Yes I got out to 10,800 with those antennas installed.. why do you ask? Just the chance of something being off?

I see dual antenna panels on your RC. How do you both simultaneously point towards your aircraft? Am I missing something?

Could be "today", I've seen that happen. Same location/flight path?
10,000 is average and good for the standard &a dbs unboosted, def shoulda ringed a little more with boosters. Are tripod or freehand? It's all about the aim with the standard!
Also you've added extra cables since you've gone 10,800 unboosted, make sure those are good shape/ quality. In theory a cable should be a cable but I've had a high quality cable that I used for months all of a sudden become defective. I'd say that's rare but it did happen to me.

Yea same location and path. I know things change and results vary. But I can consistently get out to 9000 feet at this spot and can usually turn around and fly it back. I am free handing but I've spent a little time with the DBS now and feel like I got it figured out for the most part. The cables are what I would consider high quality so I don't think the problem is there.

Realistically I'm satisfied with my DBS by itself. I was just trying to push some more distance and expected to see a good gain with the amps. Weird.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT