Am I too close to these Surfers?

Reaction score
How close can you get to surfers?
Also looking for advise on music for following surfers. Specific music suggestions please. I just can not find the right music to go with surfing.
This was so much fun to do.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks

Being a surfer that's cool,I don't think they mind cause you keep good distance, I say they be more aprecitive of you being there eyes in the sky,all you need now is a flag that says shark,some nice footage cause it hard to follow waves without getting hit by the next like I came very close to swimming from this,I swear my landing gear got wet from next wave swell,,looks like you were having fun too :) I enjoyed it

Yeh handy if few splashes about,,other good thing they have a surge guard around base of gimble which somehow allows for a accidently quick camera dunk and survive just by c1 shaking water off,,,pretty amazing ,myself have flown in heavy rain as well and still has me buggered how no water enters cam even though it's got ribbon cables going in there,makes it very easy to see by the sea,,post Coal the phantom wet suit man,he does lot good deals for us flyers,he's good man,,if you have couple put a suit on for all weather flying ,,:),,forgot music ok for clip,,anything goes there
15647385927261888763926.jpg

Being a surfer that's cool,I don't think they mind cause you keep good distance, I say they be more aprecitive of you being there eyes in the sky,all you need now is a flag that says shark,some nice footage cause it hard to follow waves without getting hit by the next like I came very close to swimming from this,I swear my landing gear got wet from next wave swell,,looks like you were having fun too :) I enjoyed it
I don’t believe you are a surfer. Just joking. I can imagine you with the surf board on top of your van. Lol Are the waves descent for ? in NZ?

Fleetwood Mac, Albatross perhaps, I think that was the tune's name but can now not check it :-(

Reactions: John Gowland
Thanks ianzone. You have confirmed what may surfers have said to me when I ask them, "Do you mind if I video you with a drone?" Not one has said they mind, as you indicated they are more than happy for me to do it. I have thought of that wetsuit that you use. :)
If you fly a lot around surfers, a small loud whistle attached to your drone could be a signaling device to warn the surfers of nearby sharks. Well, maybe not. There might not be anybody surfing because of all the sharks you could spot. Lol
Might be a neat little device to make and sell for lifeguards.

How close can you get to surfers?
Also looking for advise on music for following surfers. Specific music suggestions please. I just can not find the right music to go with surfing.
This was so much fun to do.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks
Surf music. Beach Boy has a lot. Wipe out of course is one.

Being a former surfer (old - disabled now - guy) I would have enjoyed seeing me and my crew from the air! My only advice is - the FAA rules state you cannot fly DIRECTLY over people! With that - have fun! Love the video too!

Yup. What Coastie said. As long as you're not directly over them and low, you're fine. I don't imagine the surfers themselves will mind. It'll be the do-gooders on the beach will be complaining...

If you fly a lot around surfers, a small loud whistle attached to your drone could be a signaling device to warn the surfers of nearby sharks. Well, maybe not. There might not be anybody surfing because of all the sharks you could spot. Lol
Might be a neat little device to make and sell for lifeguards.
Thanks Shoot4fun but I would rather let the feeding taking place, it would make great footage! :)

I am sold on the wetsuits. Can you let us know the price and confirm its good for a P4PV2.0 PhantomWetSuits? Privately or here?

I really would like to get a little closer to the crest of the waves and it would be awesome to get footage in a low level storm.

Hey John thanks for your interest in the Phantom wet Suits. i sent you PM will get you setup.
Thank you

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Being a former surfer (old - disabled now - guy) I would have enjoyed seeing me and my crew from the air! My only advice is - the FAA rules state you cannot fly DIRECTLY over people! With that - have fun! Love the video too!
He being an Aussie, I would not think he cares much about what the FAA thinks. Lol

Thanks for all your help. Trigg beach is where many surfers go in the City of Perth and I am definitely going to monitor the waves and a few other places in the city and get back there. But not until I get the wet suit from Coal which is on its way. Margaret River is where some international surfing competitions take place which I want to try. But that may prove too regulated. It's so much fun, but I do want to be safe.
We are in a special space/time place. Soon everywhere will be highly regulated and monitored by local governments and other bodies.
So lets enjoy our freedoms while they last.

Reactions: cneedelman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.