Am I the only idiot here?

Just saw this thread and thought I'd revive it. The other day after charging my battery, I took my P3P and accessories out to fly, since it was a warm and calm day after a week of cold wind. Powered up with DJI Go, powered up the bird and began to wait for the warmup. I got a 'No connection' error on DJI go. Powered bird down and back up. Still no connection. Restarted DJI Go. Crap! Now what do I do? It took me less than a minute to realize that I also need to turn on the controller. Duh!

When I first got it...

I flew it in the living room a couple of times, middle of winter, just a quick, low hover. It was fine. Then a friend comes over and is real interested, he's been reading all about them, he wants one too. He wants to see it fly.

It started to wander, so I grabbed it by the landing gear. Now I'm standing in the middle of the living room, holding on with both hands, and no one else has a clue what to do (wife, friend, friends wife and four kids from 9-15).

Friend picks up the remote and starts fiddling... presumably he knows the CSC or he's trying ANYTHING, because the bird starts lurching in my hands.

I panic, and pull the battery out. I know it's not recommended (I read that later!) but what happened was pretty cool... both of the counter-rotating props shot off like rockets! Just those two, and I mean INSTANTLY!

If I hadn't felt so stupid and then worried I damaged something by taking the battery out, it would have been funnier...

Let me begin by saying that I'm not stupid. In fact, I'm extremely intelligent (and modest ;)). My IQ has been measured somewhere above 70 in fact. Anyway, today after flying, I put one of my two batteries on the charger (the cooler of the two). An hour or so later I returned and was surprised to see no lights flashing on it. It had apparently charged much faster than I expected it to. I removed it from the charger and hooked up the second battery. As I did so, I pressed the button on the first battery to verify a full charge. Only one light came on. It was my oldest battery so I thought it must be dying and could no longer hold a charge. It was at that moment I noticed the second battery on the charger wasn't flashing at all! Crap! My charger must be bad or.....yep! The charger wasn't plugged in to the wall! As I said earlier, I'm not stupid but I can be quite an idiot sometimes. Anyone else care to embarrass themselves by admitting to some bonehead thing they've done? Don't leave me hanging here by confirming I'm the only idiot!
Well, I'm not totally inept either. I forgot to put in an sd card and it took me quite a while to figure out why my record button did nothing. Old age helps, we all get Calendar injuries along the road.

I'm on a farm and often duck out for a flight outside but have to shut my dogs in the yard while I take off and have to grab AC out of the air rather than land or they attack it. Quite a bit of rigmarole as the dogs are excited and barking. Got up one day and let the dogs out and then realised I hadn't put the micro SD in and it was a stunning day......but I have no pics of it because I couldn't break the dogs hearts for the 5 minutes it would take me to start again.

Let me begin by saying that I'm not stupid. In fact, I'm extremely intelligent (and modest ;)). My IQ has been measured somewhere above 70 in fact. Anyway, today after flying, I put one of my two batteries on the charger (the cooler of the two). An hour or so later I returned and was surprised to see no lights flashing on it. It had apparently charged much faster than I expected it to. I removed it from the charger and hooked up the second battery. As I did so, I pressed the button on the first battery to verify a full charge. Only one light came on. It was my oldest battery so I thought it must be dying and could no longer hold a charge. It was at that moment I noticed the second battery on the charger wasn't flashing at all! Crap! My charger must be bad or.....yep! The charger wasn't plugged in to the wall! As I said earlier, I'm not stupid but I can be quite an idiot sometimes. Anyone else care to embarrass themselves by admitting to some bonehead thing they've done? Don't leave me hanging here by confirming I'm the only idiot!
I know this old post but yip im in that club,,tryed to go flyin with wrong remote,,got 4remotes,,took p3s out but had p34k remote,,DUMB:confused:

What happens does it drop?

It should auto RTH ... as its same as losing control signal any other way ...

If all else fails when flying and nothing seems to work - switch RC off ... force it to RTH.

Nigel

I could easily add to this thread every day.

I just went into the electrical department at Home Depot looking for the plug type butt connectors.

I couldn't find them.

So naturally, I asked the associate if he had any butt plug connectors.

I could easily add to this thread every day.

I just went into the electrical department at Home Depot looking for the plug type butt connectors.

I couldn't find them.

So naturally, I asked the associate if he had any butt plug connectors.

Now THAT made me laugh!!! [emoji106][emoji2][emoji106]

Reactions: jwmcgrath and Pharm
Well I finally got up the nerve and put a little distance on my P3S and had a great flight. After getting home I realized I forgot to hit RECORD! **** I was looking forward to the video of the flight. :angry:

Well I finally got up the nerve and put a little distance on my P3S and had a great flight. After getting home I realized I forgot to hit RECORD! **** I was looking forward to the video of the flight. :angry:

Change to Litchi .... it has Auto Record function so that AC takes off ... recording auto starts. AC lands - recording stops.

Brilliant ...

Nigel

I drove over 80 miles from where I live to the middle of the Derbyshire Dales for some epic footage of some old ruins.

Had to park miles away too so after a bit of a hike I started to set up only to realise I'd left the little DJI pouch full of props at home...

Que an epic face palm and a few loud echoing curses!

Over and hour and a half hike back to the car then the same again down the motorway to get home I was unpacking and found the missing props tucked in the side pocket of the very same backpack I'd carried round all **** day.

Not funny at the time obviously [emoji1]

I drove over 80 miles from where I live to the middle of the Derbyshire Dales for some epic footage of some old ruins.

Had to park miles away too so after a bit of a hike I started to set up only to realise I'd left the little DJI pouch full of props at home...

Que an epic face palm and a few loud echoing curses!

Over and hour and a half hike back to the car then the same again down the motorway to get home I was unpacking and found the missing props tucked in the side pocket of the very same backpack I'd carried round all **** day.

Not funny at the time obviously [emoji1]
That really sucks, It still is not funny.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl