Am I getting a good deal? Phantom package.

Reaction score
So I've been wanting to get a phantom to monitor fence lines and wildlife on a large property I manage.

I found a guy who is selling:
1 working phantom with cheap eBay brushless gimbal
1 phantom that took a dip in a lake and is now only good for parts
Extra blades
Extra batteries
1 radio

He's asking 475 plus shipping. But the working Phantom has crashed after a flyaway into a tree. He has flown it since and had no problems.

What do you all think? Is that a good deal for what I am getting?

Thanks for your input. I look forward to joining the community.

If its the original Phantom, I wouldn't get it. I'd pay the extra few hundred bucks for a Phantom 2. The reason is stated. Phantom 1s are notorious for fly aways.

Kchristian said:
So I've been wanting to get a phantom to monitor fence lines and wildlife on a large property I manage.

I found a guy who is selling:
1 working phantom with cheap eBay brushless gimbal
1 phantom that took a dip in a lake and is now only good for parts
Extra blades
Extra batteries
1 radio

He's asking 475 plus shipping. But the working Phantom has crashed after a flyaway into a tree. He has flown it since and had no problems.

What do you all think? Is that a good deal for what I am getting?

Thanks for your input. I look forward to joining the community.

Shoot. I just realized I may not be able to safely fly any Phantom.

The 30 acre property I live on has a bunch of internet antennas. There are 4 buildings and each has an antenna like this: http://www.l-com.com/wireless-antenna-2 ... ic-antenna. And the building on the highest point of the property has a bigger antenna where I assume the others get their signals. Should I just ditch the plan to buy a quad all together??

There are probably a million or more YouTube videos shot from Phantoms flying over crowded suburbs, cities and industrial areas, all of them bristling with antennas. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

As for the $475 package... if this is your first quad, my suggestion is to buy one with less issues. A friend bought a "reconditioned" Phantom 1.1.1 on Amazon for under $400. Flies great and if it didn't he could return it. Be patient and I'm sure you can find a good buy -- also try the classifieds on rcgroups.com.

I bought a brand new V1.1.1 for $479, free shipping. They even included an extra battery. So personally I don't think that what you are being offered is a good deal at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl