Altitude Restrictions

Reaction score
I've never flown my Drone at low altitudes. I live most of the year at 8,000' MSL in the Rockies and about 10 days ago a friend of mine and I went to take off at 8,500' to take some photos. My P3P took off like a rocket and my friend's Yuneec Q500 4K wouldn't start due to the altitude restrictions of Yuneec! When he called Yuneec he was told that as of now there is no fix. I'll be receiving my P4 tomorrow and it too will be operated at altitude until next month when I go to my other home in Northern CA almost at Sea Level.

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Didn't know that Yuneec has that altitude restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

From Yuneec USA, copied from a forum from a similar query..

Correct we do have an updated firmware that allows machine to be operated above 8,000'. If firmware is needed please call Yuneec Tech Support staff at 844-898-6332. We do recommend aeronauts when flying at higher altitudes. Yuneec is in the process of testing new props (more pitch) for high altitude users. Prop guards are definitely on the way.

[email protected]
M-F 6am-5pm PST
Sat. 8am-4:30pm PST

#2Yuneec_Usa, Dec 4, 2015

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
From Yuneec USA, copied from a forum from a similar query..

Correct we do have an updated firmware that allows machine to be operated above 8,000'. If firmware is needed please call Yuneec Tech Support staff at 844-898-6332. We do recommend aeronauts when flying at higher altitudes. Yuneec is in the process of testing new props (more pitch) for high altitude users. Prop guards are definitely on the way.

[email protected]
M-F 6am-5pm PST
Sat. 8am-4:30pm PST

#2Yuneec_Usa, Dec 4, 2015
[/QUOTE

Thanks Alex,
I forwarded the above to my friend.

Thanks for the Info Alex,
I forwarded the above to my friend.
Jim

To my knowledge it must be Firmware as the Actual Service Ceiling of the Phantom 3 and 4 is above 19,000 feet. This info is from the Phantom Specs.

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've flown my P3P at 12,000', at Loveland pass in Colorado just to see what would happen. No problem, seems to fly the same as it does here in Calif.

I had a Q500+, my first video capable quad. It would only go 15mph top speed. It was super quiet, way more quiet than Phantoms. I was told that it was designed to be that way, which is nice for outdoor weddings. The flight ceiling and top speed were compromises to accomplish the quiet operation, I assume.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl