Reaction score
I recently had my Remote Control repairs and new joysticks fitted I have linked it to my P3A. I took it out for its first test flight and noticed the following problems.

When I fly my Phantom 3 Advance the altitude starts off correctly at 0. Lift off to 20', all good. As I increase my altitude the drone seems to drift.. When I descend and my drone is hovering at approx 4 feet the DJI GO App on screen display shows a height of 13 feet. A variance of 9 feet.

Secondly When flying in P-GPS mode the drone drifts when hovering and cannot seem to remain in the same place.

Prior to the RC being repaired the drone worked perfectly and hovered. There has been high Kp activity with a solar storm could this affect the altitude and cause drifting when hovering?

I have done an IMU calibration and linked the RC. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

The kp index has not been shown to impact a Phantom's performance, so the standard advice here on the forum is to not be concerned with checking it.

Did you do an RC calibration when you got your RC back with the new joysticks?

I was advised by the company that did the repair they calibrated the RC, so I never calibrated it. They never had my drone so not sure if the calibration was done correctly.

I was advised by the company that did the repair they calibrated the RC, so I never calibrated it. They never had my drone so not sure if the calibration was done correctly.
HI Yip pay to calibrate,,I sure that why it bit out,,do it yourself very easy ,,online manual that you download will have in it,,,,,;)and do your sticks aswell,,in settings

Ianzone thanks I will calibrate the remote and see how things go.

Thank you to all who have contributed.

Hi update.

I calibrated RC and drone flew great and altitude readings were normal again. I still think some of it was down to the solar storm. But I am back up and running.

Thanks guys for your help, it's much appreciated.

MIKE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.