Altitude drop

Reaction score
Forgive me for another newbie question lol. Had my p4p+ out today winds about 7 miles temp 35 ish. i was hovering about 90 feet in air abt 60 feet out when my bird suddenly dropped maybe 5 ft straight down and continued hovered. Now my question is that normal? like a plane hits a down draft or what not. I ask because i just did a firmware update and have only had it up minimal times. Other then drop all was well i continued to fly no problems.

Reactions: jwflyer
I'm pretty much a newbie as well (85 flights), but I've had it happen several times when the wind is gusting. It hasn't caused me any major issues yet, but I noticed it happens normally when I first take off and hover. I generally go to 12-15 ft and make sure everything is ok. It has never dropped 5 feet, but it has dropped 1 or 2 for sure. Always in gusting winds.

Reactions: Jchlkw
I'm pretty much a newbie as well (85 flights), but I've had it happen several times when the wind is gusting. It hasn't caused me any major issues yet, but I noticed it happens normally when I first take off and hover. I generally go to 12-15 ft and make sure everything is ok. It has never dropped 5 feet, but it has dropped 1 or 2 for sure. Always in gusting winds.
Thanks i pretty much figured out it was windy that day and i think it hit a down draft and dropped 5 feet could b wrong wife seen it i was talking to her and she said something so at the time i was unsure how much it really dropped. But thanks for your input.

Reactions: BigDinNC
Also remember that a gust of wind could cause the craft to lift and vice versa. The gust will cause more wind to flow through the props which could cause the change in attitude

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72