How to apply for an Emergency Airspace Authorization- IRMA?

Reaction score
I saw a notice yesterday that the FAA has distributed more than 100+ emergency Airspace authorizations to those assisting in disaster efforts.

Does anyone know how best to apply for such authorization? Is it through the normal FAA waiver portal, or is there a new, dedicated site?

If the waiver request is through the normal portal, what do you put down as a mission overview? We have been asked to do power line inspections, search & rescue, flooding evaluation, damage inspections etc. and don't even know where to begin!

With cell service and power still in short supply, our ability to research this is very limited. Any sample waiver applications/text would be very helpful!!

I don't have any suggestions but I just want to say Thank You in advance for volunteering your time in whatever way you can.

I saw a notice yesterday that the FAA has distributed more than 100+ emergency Airspace authorizations to those assisting in disaster efforts.

Does anyone know how best to apply for such authorization? Is it through the normal FAA waiver portal, or is there a new, dedicated site?

If the waiver request is through the normal portal, what do you put down as a mission overview? We have been asked to do power line inspections, search & rescue, flooding evaluation, damage inspections etc. and don't even know where to begin!

With cell service and power still in short supply, our ability to research this is very limited. Any sample waiver applications/text would be very helpful!!

Whatever SAR agency is asking you to do this should have the eCOA process. It's very likely you need to be sponsored by a government agency. Keep in mind that as long as your work falls within Class G airspace and pilots have a Part 107 license, no further authorization is required unless there is a TFR. An eCOA will expand those abilities to cover controlled airspace and any TFR that might be in place. Your first stop is your local emergency management agency, or the agency who asked you to perform this work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj