Waiver Granted for Class C Airspace

Reaction score
Took 3 months, but my application for a Class C Airspace waiver has been granted. Hadn't heard anything (not even a confirmation of receipt when I submitted in March) until a week ago when I received an email stating that it was in progress. Got the waiver yesterday. My company office is located within Class C airspace (approx. 2.5 miles from the closest runway end) and I requested permission to conduct localized flights within a radius of our location for testing new equipment, flight training, and general proper maintenance as required by the FAA. I also stated that not receiving a waiver for such flights on our property would negatively impact my company's ability to conduct business. That was my approach and reasoning for the waiver request. What may have also helped get the waiver is the fact that there is a string of electrical towers and power lines not far from our property which creates a fence-like barrier that manned aircraft already avoid -- which I naturally pointed out in the text of the request. I also was only asking for something reasonable which was simply a 300' radius centered on our property and a maximum 140' AGL altitude, the approximate height of those local electrical towers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl