Airnest - Looking for Beta Testers

That's a great price. I'll definitely buy it when it's out for $19.99.

Sorry if it's already been said (I read through a few pages and didn't see it), but roughly when will this be released to the App Store?

We expect iOS release in the next week to week and a half. Once we have a hard date we will be announcing it. This will depend now on apple review and our marketing efforts. Until then feel free to enjoy using it with the Beta!

Thanks!
Justin

Reactions: fly_it
We expect iOS release in the next week to week and a half. Once we have a hard date we will be announcing it. This will depend now on apple review and our marketing efforts. Until then feel free to enjoy using it with the Beta!

Thanks!
Justin

Justin,

Question, can you start a flight with the Phantom in the air, i tried to use the app and it was a little windy but was worried about the phantom drifting a bit, would feel better if i can start a flight when in the air hovering?

Justin,

Question, can you start a flight with the Phantom in the air, i tried to use the app and it was a little windy but was worried about the phantom drifting a bit, would feel better if i can start a flight when in the air hovering?
Yes you can take off manually, you also still have manual control until you hit start in Path so if you forget feel free to gain some altitude. You can also cancel the RTH function at the end by hitting the start over button and draw another Path

This app is very useful! It's amazing that a single app can add an autonomous element to flying :)

However I do agree with others that there should be an option or waiting period before the bird RTH. After the shot is done I always get a little scared when it starts to rise and comes flying towards me! It also definitely needs a central settings like in that video which will be good!

Overall the app is fantastic and it's exciting to see how far you guys can go with the app :)

Reactions: Justin Miller
When I select "Path" or any other mode and it tells me to adjust the map to start my flight path. Any time I try to zoom in I get a gray grid with a bunch of "Circle Backslashes".

When I select "Path" or any other mode and it tells me to adjust the map to start my flight path. Any time I try to zoom in I get a gray grid with a bunch of "Circle Backslashes".

Hi, if you zoom in and see a gray grid it means that apple maps don't have additional tiles for that location at that zoom level. You would just need to pinch to zoom out until the tiles show up.

Thanks!

Justin

My testing went really well - I have the same feeling about RTH after the flight - the option to hover in place or RTH would be great.

I started each flight by manually taking off and flying to the area I was testing - then went through the process - worked like a charm - very easy and very effective.

I had a little scare after the first flight when the drone completed, and attempted to RTH - I was under a tree at the time and I temporarily lost sight - that was my mistake - lesson learned.

This is a great app - simple and very effective!

Hi, if you zoom in and see a gray grid it means that apple maps don't have additional tiles for that location at that zoom level. You would just need to pinch to zoom out until the tiles show up.

Thanks!

Justin

Hmm shoot because it looks like the closest I can get is 1k feet. :(

Default zoom is set to 400 meters. Max zoom where you are getting cut outs is about 350 or so meters. Here is the an image from my iPhone at 400 meters zoom in Jacksonville, is this the level you are seeing?

IMG_2488.PNG

Yeah that's what I'm seeing. So the flight path for me would have to be drawn out at around 1150-1500 feet? :(. Which I was hoping to zoom in closer to gain a better feel for my flight path and accuracy.

Justin, along the lines of flight paths and waypoints, have you guys considered adding a ruler that would tell you how far your flight path is before you start? That would be a great addition if it's possible.

Justin, along the lines of flight paths and waypoints, have you guys considered adding a ruler that would tell you how far your flight path is before you start? That would be a great addition if it's possible.

Currently being worked on! It won't make initial release but will be an early update. You can see it in this screenshot on the left info bar.

Screen Shot 2015-10-26 at 8.22.47 PM.png

Apologize if this has been addressed..
Can you start in DJI Go app and go back and forth between AirNest and DJI Go?
New to Phantom and I tried it yesterday but when I went back to DJI Go app it said drone was disconnected.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl