Airnest - Looking for Beta Testers

i just bought this app a few days ago. very nice and very easy to use. i read that we will be able to save missions in the future. awesome! :) what i would really like to see is to have an option for a more manual control of the camera and aircraft height while its moving on the set path. that would make for some great dynamic shots.

Reactions: Justin Miller
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1448733613.150537.jpg

Hey Justin. What do you make of this error?
I searched a little but I didn't go through all 400+ posts.
What info do you need?
iPhone 5s
Beautiful day
No other apps running
FW 1.3.2
Interesting.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I bought it, but have issues. It frequently crashes on iPad air, does not work on iPad Pro, all on latest fw. For 25 bucks I expect something better and more reliable.

View attachment 36734

Hey Justin. What do you make of this error?
I searched a little but I didn't go through all 400+ posts.
What info do you need?
iPhone 5s
Beautiful day
No other apps running
FW 1.3.2
Interesting.

Thanks!

You are getting that error because your firmware is 1.3.2 you need at least 1.4 to use the waypoint features of the drone. Once you upgrade your firmware you should be good to go. Thanks!

I'm dieing to get this, as it does offer something different to other wp apps, just can't justify another 19 quid. Bit pricey!

Hello, I have been trying the Airnest app some more today with my Phantom 3 advanced, and generally it works very well. I still have the problem that no video / picture preview is displayed in the app, only black view. Is any fix coming for this? Also, occasionally I can see some glance of the Phantom in the recorded video (landing gear?) that I have not noticed when recording using DJI Go. The following video illustrates the issue (once in beginning and in the end).
. What could be the reason? It was quite heavy wind today when I did the testing.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Hello, I have been trying the Airnest app some more today with my Phantom 3 advanced, and generally it works very well. I still have the problem that no video / picture preview is displayed in the app, only black view. Is any fix coming for this? Also, occasionally I can see some glance of the Phantom in the recorded video (landing gear?) that I have not noticed when recording using DJI Go. The following video illustrates the issue (once in beginning and in the end).
. What could be the reason? It was quite heavy wind today when I did the testing.

The leg you are seeing is likely caused either by the wind, the speed setting or both. The drone is flying and trying to stay as stable as possible while maintaining as smooth of video as possible, to do so in this shot appears that it was doing the absolute max that it could to maintain smooth video for the shot. You should not see this on a calm day unless your speed setting is very high.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] about for video issue, we do have a fix in the works.

Thanks,

Justin

Reactions: aenbacka
The leg you are seeing is likely caused either by the wind, the speed setting or both. The drone is flying and trying to stay as stable as possible while maintaining as smooth of video as possible, to do so in this shot appears that it was doing the absolute max that it could to maintain smooth video for the shot. You should not see this on a calm day unless your speed setting is very high.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] about for video issue, we do have a fix in the works.

Thanks,

Justin
Thanks for the answer, I assume it was the wind which caused the issue.

I bought it, but have issues. It frequently crashes on iPad air, does not work on iPad Pro, all on latest fw. For 25 bucks I expect something better and more reliable.
Care to elaborate on my issues pls ?

Today on the current release (non beta), I flew using Path and during mission planning it gave an error like my waypoints were greater than 2000m apart or something but then my P3P flew on the flight plan. Then when it got to waypoint 2 it just stopped there and hovered for 6 minutes! Thank goodness my RTH button somehow got a signal down to it...it came home but barely made it.

Suggestion: No flight allowed with an error. Explanation of error codes would be helpful. Almost lost my bird...

Today on the current release (non beta), I flew using Path and during mission planning it gave an error like my waypoints were greater than 2000m apart or something but then my P3P flew on the flight plan. Then when it got to waypoint 2 it just stopped there and hovered for 6 minutes! Thank goodness my RTH button somehow got a signal down to it...it came home but barely made it.

Suggestion: No flight allowed with an error. Explanation of error codes would be helpful. Almost lost my bird...

Hmm, the program is already setup to not upload a flight plan that does not meet the valid parameters, if you had a waypoint beyond 2000 meters it should not have uploaded at all. I'd like to gather as much information from you as possible. Can you tell me about the flight, did you start your drawing possibly 2000 meters or more away from the drones location? How far from the drone were you when it paused and hovered? Did you have any manual control during this time?

Thanks,

Justin

Hmm, the program is already setup to not upload a flight plan that does not meet the valid parameters, if you had a waypoint beyond 2000 meters it should not have uploaded at all. I'd like to gather as much information from you as possible. Can you tell me about the flight, did you start your drawing possibly 2000 meters or more away from the drones location? How far from the drone were you when it paused and hovered? Did you have any manual control during this time?

Thanks,

Justin

Hi Justin,

I am new to the app but I started my drawing at my home point and went out from there. I do not believe I made any manual input until I hit the RTH when I noticed the picture on my screen refreshed several minutes later and it was the same picture which told me the bird was in a hover. When it paused and hovered, it was 7,642 feet downrange. If I touched the stick, would that disengage the Path? A lot was going on so I hope I am recalling everything in order but I just wanted to let you know what I observed, I had no issues on my first few flights with Path so it could have been something I did, not sure.

Hi Justin,

I am new to the app but I started my drawing at my home point and went out from there. I do not believe I made any manual input until I hit the RTH when I noticed the picture on my screen refreshed several minutes later and it was the same picture which told me the bird was in a hover. When it paused and hovered, it was 7,642 feet downrange. If I touched the stick, would that disengage the Path? A lot was going on so I hope I am recalling everything in order but I just wanted to let you know what I observed, I had no issues on my first few flights with Path so it could have been something I did, not sure.

Ahh, I am willing to bet you flew out of radio range, the picture in the video feed would lockup when you fly out of radio range and the icons on the map also would stop moving because no telemetry was being received from the drone. Did you check the recorded video? I bet it never paused the actual flight but kept following the path.

If you fly out of radio range with your path the AC will continue the path since it is doing all the flying and then will auto RTH at the end of the flight, I know the RTH at the end of path can be annoying but this is the reason why we built it in that way.

Ahh, I am willing to bet you flew out of radio range, the picture in the video feed would lockup when you fly out of radio range and the icons on the map also would stop moving because no telemetry was being received from the drone. Did you check the recorded video? I bet it never paused the actual flight but kept following the path.

If you fly out of radio range with your path the AC will continue the path since it is doing all the flying and then will auto RTH at the end of the flight, I know the RTH at the end of path can be annoying but this is the reason why we built it in that way.

I checked the video and it hovered for 6 minutes so I kept seeing a refresh occur every 90 seconds or so and it was the same picture that is why I mashed RTH and crossed my fingers lol.

You know what though? I was trying to establish a sort of "racetrack" in the sky and go from my home point down to a waypoint and back. I should just draw where I want to film and only where I want to film and end it there and allow the auto RTH to do its job. I love the app by the way.

I checked the video and it hovered for 6 minutes so I kept seeing a refresh occur every 90 seconds or so and it was the same picture that is why I mashed RTH and crossed my fingers lol.

You know what though? I was trying to establish a sort of "racetrack" in the sky and go from my home point down to a waypoint and back. I should just draw where I want to film and only where I want to film and end it there and allow the auto RTH to do its job. I love the app by the way.
Hmm, that is interesting, I wonder why it paused. Were you running the latest firmware 1.5 when you did this, If so I'll check to see if they change something in the firmware so that the drone no longer completes the flight plan.
Thanks!

Justin

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl