Aircraft upgrade required

Reaction score
So I got my P3A. I successfully updated the RC and thought the firmware upgrade on the Phantom itself was completed. I got the D..DD beeps and when I checked the .txt files. All of them showed success.

First time connecting and activating using the DJI Pilot app. There's an Overall Status box that says "Aircraft upgrade required". Anyone know what I need to do here?

Thanks!

Reactions: kyawko and Emre
Ahh shoot never mind. Apparently I just needed to exit and restart the App / Reconnect. Its now showing NORMAL

So I got my P3A. I successfully updated the RC and thought the firmware upgrade on the Phantom itself was completed. I got the D..DD beeps and when I checked the .txt files. All of them showed success.

First time connecting and activating using the DJI Pilot app. There's an Overall Status box that says "Aircraft upgrade required". Anyone know what I need to do here?

Thanks!

You may have to redo it again. I updated the air craft first, took over 15 minutes, then remote control by using a cable. Everything went fine, P3P flew good very stable almost as good as Inspire 1.

You may have to redo it again. I updated the air craft first, took over 15 minutes, then remote control by using a cable. Everything went fine, P3P flew good very stable almost as good as Inspire 1.
wtf am i doing wrong gett the d dd when i switch on flashing yellow lights and no txt

this is getting ridiculous , does the bin file need renaming?

started up again, got d --dd then blinking yellow lights no dddd

this is getting ridiculous , does the bin file need renaming?

started up again, got d --dd then blinking yellow lights no dddd
I would start from scratch. I would also leave the SD card in the P3P for at least 30 minutes. I left mine in for over an hour so longer wont hurt anything. When you pull the SD card out and check it on your PC or mac you should see an extra file that was created. Do this and get back with me I will hang out and see if I can help.

There is no need to re name anything. If you want to try to put the firmware on a thumb drive and update the radio first to see if that's successful I don't think that will hurt anything. It at least has a blue light to let you know its updating and a green light that lets you know its completed the upgrade.

I would start from scratch. I would also leave the SD card in the P3P for at least 30 minutes. I left mine in for over an hour so longer wont hurt anything. When you pull the SD card out and check it on your PC or mac you should see an extra file that was created. Do this and get back with me I will hang out and see if I can help.
thanks mate, i am starting from scratch each time, i delete the file from the sd card and download and then extract and then copy the file into card

the support from dji is pathetic as in zip

I had the same problem until I left the SD card that I used to upgrade firmware in the bird ALL THE TIME. I think DJI put some type of hidden file on the system that it is look for update information.
I will try it again when I get home tonite to try to swap in a new SD card and see what happens.

well I just did a flight and got the message saying upgrade required, so I killed my battery down to 15% like a dummy lol.

I downloaded the file onto my sd that came with the BIRD and did the REMOTE update no problem only took a couple minutes not the 10 they say. now im waiting patiently for my one and only battery to charge haha

I just unzipped the firmware update and dragged the "Phantom_3_Professional_Firmware_v1.1.6_en" folder to the SD Card (exfat formatted). Then when I put it in the P3 I get DDDD. I waited an hour while the fast blinking yellow LEDS went off and shut down the bird to check if it was done only to find that there was to text file created. I didn't hear and beep confirmation of completion, but I dosed off a bit waiting so I thought it might have finished up. Any ideas on what I did wrong? Should I have waited more than an hour? Any advice would be appreciated.

sorry to bump but the sd card you use to update do u have to leave in at all times?

also if so do you have to leave that fine on it?

I'm very lost on the up date part

I just unzipped the firmware update and dragged the "Phantom_3_Professional_Firmware_v1.1.6_en" folder to the SD Card (exfat formatted). Then when I put it in the P3 I get DDDD. I waited an hour while the fast blinking yellow LEDS went off and shut down the bird to check if it was done only to find that there was to text file created. I didn't hear and beep confirmation of completion, but I dosed off a bit waiting so I thought it might have finished up. Any ideas on what I did wrong? Should I have waited more than an hour? Any advice would be appreciated.
I tried again with the .bin file at the root, and it works.

Reactions: J.James
Just the bird. Worked like a champ. Only took about 12 minutes. Woohoo

Thanks for the help all, sorted, got a clean sd card and loaded it from my mac took 10 min , works like a bomb , now all we need is waypoints

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic