Ahhh, welcome back F/W 1.1.9

Hello, can one of you seasoned veteran pilots help answer a quick question?

I still have yet to fly my new P3P as I was only able to update firmware on copter and was unsuccessful with updating RC to latest firmware (can't seem to initiate firmware update).

My question: Since I only have Copter updated and RC would not update, Do you recommend downgrading to this firmware?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Really want to take this thing out and fly it for the first time but am very hesitant after seeing how unreliable the current update is.

Thanks in advance!
Same thing happened to me. No worries. DJI told me that the RC was probably already updated.

If you have no problems with the new firmware, and you wouldn't know yet if you did.. I wouldn't worry about it.

Go fly it!!

Reactions: tvckz
Email me. I'll attempt to help off line

Thanks! It works. You just have to do it in the morning, not good to do it in the evening, I guess. Spent all night trying to figure out. ))) lol

Last edited:
Someone can help me?
I want to share the DJI Pilot 1.1.0 here (110MB), but don`t want use a service with Sign in...
Please don`t sugest DropBox or any stuff with register...

Any ideas? Sorry the OFF, but it seems many people want this apk for Android....

Great. Thanks. I hadn't seen that.

1. Place the .bin file on a freshly formatted SD card (formatted from Windows, not the pilot app)
2. Put the SD card in the Phantom and power up. You will hear D -- D -- D -- D beeps for a couple of minutes. When you hear 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps DD -- D -- D, it's ok to turn off the Phantom.
3. Format the SD card again and put the 1.1.9 .bin file on the card and put that into the Phantom.
4. Power on and listen to the beeps again in the same way.

Once done you can check to ensure you are on 1.1.9 in the pilot app under the About section. Be sure to calibrate the IMU and go through the checks as you normally would for any firmware update.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0009.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Thank you!

I'm still on the fence on trying this. I've been collecting files for a while and am wondering if the chart below is accurate. I have an iPad Air 2.

FW vs. Pilot App

1.1.8 = 1.1.1 (.ipa)?

1.1.9 = 1.1.2 (.ipa)?

1.2.6 = 1.2.0 (.ipa)?

Also, I would like to get the 32 channels back and have read that the app controls this.

Has anyone been able to downgrade the Pilot app on iOS? I have the above listed .ipa's and when I mistakenly double-clicked one, iTunes asked if I wanted to replace the one I had but I chickened out, not having downgraded anything yet.

If so, did you get the 32 channels back?

Cheers!
Tim

I'm still on the fence on trying this. I've been collecting files for a while and am wondering if the chart below is accurate. I have an iPad Air 2.

FW vs. Pilot App

1.1.8 = 1.1.1 (.ipa)?

1.1.9 = 1.1.2 (.ipa)?

1.2.6 = 1.2.0 (.ipa)?

Also, I would like to get the 32 channels back and have read that the app controls this.

Has anyone been able to downgrade the Pilot app on iOS? I have the above listed .ipa's and when I mistakenly double-clicked one, iTunes asked if I wanted to replace the one I had but I chickened out, not having downgraded anything yet.

Cheers!
Tim
Curious to see where this goes. I would love the channels "IF" that solves my distance issues but not sure what is being given up to get those either. Hopefully someone will answer you.

For those who regret that they moved to 1.2.x, it is certainly possible to go back to 1.1.9 or 1.1.8. I did it last night and I can say that I absolutely do see a difference with VPS.

I'm wondering about the poor folks who recently received their Phantoms and (or) have never flown with anything but the latest firmware... Once they see how it should handle/hover they will understand the complaints a little better I think.

I'm wondering about the poor folks who recently received their Phantoms and (or) have never flown with anything but the latest firmware... Once they see how it should handle/hover they will understand the complaints a little better I think.
My thoughts exactly. I've had mine about a month, immediately updated to the latest firmware. Seems to fly good except the funny jerks as you stop forward motion. It doesn't seem to show in the video because of the excellent gimbal reactions, but to onlookers it appears the pilot is over reacting, when he is simply trying to slow down. Now I'm wondering what I'm missing.

FW vs. Pilot App

1.1.8 = 1.1.1 (.ipa)?

1.1.9 = 1.1.2 (.ipa)?

1.2.6 = 1.2.0 (.ipa)?

Cheers!
Tim
Tim, I rolled back from 1.2.0 to 1.1.2 on July 4th when I got so fed up with the erroneous gimbal overload errors. I saw it was possible in this thread, and found it rather easy to do since I had not yet sync'd my iPad after the 1.2.0 install.

I'm sorry to say however that I am not knowledgeable enough to say if I have 32 channels back. I didn't really miss them, so I wasn't looking for them.

I downgraded my P3A to 1.1.8 using this MVOM0Fw.bin file and even the 1.1.0 Pilot app did not show all 32 channels. Has anyone experienced anything different on their P3A?

Don't tell me it has worked on your P3P....I have a P3A.

I downgraded my P3A to 1.1.8 using this MVOM0Fw.bin file and even the 1.1.0 Pilot app did not show all 32 channels. Has anyone experienced anything different on their P3A?

Don't tell me it has worked on your P3P....I have a P3A.
Very anxiously waiting to here a response on this... ;-)

Thanks Oso,

I'm not really missing the channels either, since channel 20 seems to be the best one so far for me and I updated the firmware before I even flew it.

I'm just trying to future proof myself if DJI decides to reduce my flight range and altitude in later updates.

Cheers!

Reactions: Oso
Great. Thanks. I hadn't seen that.

1. Place the .bin file on a freshly formatted SD card (formatted from Windows, not the pilot app)
2. Put the SD card in the Phantom and power up. You will hear D -- D -- D -- D beeps for a couple of minutes. When you hear 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps DD -- D -- D, it's ok to turn off the Phantom.
3. Format the SD card again and put the 1.1.9 .bin file on the card and put that into the Phantom.
4. Power on and listen to the beeps again in the same way.

Once done you can check to ensure you are on 1.1.9 in the pilot app under the About section. Be sure to calibrate the IMU and go through the checks as you normally would for any firmware update.

Is this the file for the P3P?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl