After years without issues, now I have jello on my P4ProV2 videos, how do I fix it?

Reaction score
I have experimented perfect videos from my P4ProV2. This week , it started to have jello. Where do I start to fix it?
sample:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yuck
How old, under warranty? Several posts with this issue but not many answers. Most return for replacement. Anything new? Updates, hard landing, etc. Almost looks like the gimble is loose. Not much to look for except the screws holding it to the yaw motor. (Behind the cap under the yaw motor) or the yaw screws itself. (Requires removal of the bottom shell). If electronics, firmware, or software, no idea.
Hope someone else has another suggestion. Good luck.

Yuck
How old, under warranty? Several posts with this issue but not many answers. Most return for replacement. Anything new? Updates, hard landing, etc. Almost looks like the gimble is loose. Not much to look for except the screws holding it to the yaw motor. (Behind the cap under the yaw motor) or the yaw screws itself. (Requires removal of the bottom shell). If electronics, firmware, or software, no idea.
Hope someone else has another suggestion. Good luck.
It is 3 years old...no warranty...never crashed....fly like twice a week...firmware all updated

Last edited:
I had the same issue with my phantom 4pro and it was because my sd card was not fast enough. I changed to a faster card and all was fine. Hope this helps

Reactions: DenMac and Capt KO
Are you using any new filters lately ?
I always use a ND filter..and when it is not sunny I switch to the stock cover-filter...is that a source of problem?

I just bought a V2 no problems, hope you find an answer in case mine does the same thing

Reactions: Jim Canada
If it's 3yrs old, it should be a V1 I think. But the model type should not change the solution to the problem, whatever you find wrong.
maybe 2 years +, it is a V2....it has the new transmission system which allows you far away flights

Reactions: Jim Canada
I always use a ND filter..and when it is not sunny I switch to the stock cover-filter...is that a source of problem?

Have you used the ND filter before without jello or is it new. The extra weight of a filter could cause jello but it could also cure it as well

What are the specs on the video you posted e.g resolution and shutter speed etc. ?

Last edited:
Any chance you recently changed props? Or damaged a prop? Way out of balance?
If changing to or from an ND filter, doing a new camera gimbal calibration might be in order?

Also try turning on the mechanical shutter function and or resetting the camera functions

1598063298492.png

Stay in touch, good or bad. Could help find the problem, eventually. ??
Enjoy your weekend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic