After minor crash, phantom 3 can,t take off

Reaction score
After a minor crash my 3 wil rev and roll over. New props and after IMU calibration 3 times it still has same problem. Data shows all is normal and does not needed calibrated. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated

It sounds like one of the motors is either over spinning or not spinning fast enough, causing the roll over. Can you post flight logs from after the crash?

Reactions: Oso
After a minor crash my 3 wil rev and roll over.
We need a little more detail on this to help diagnose the issue. First question. When you say "Rev" and roll over, do you mean to say that the aircraft will not remain stationary during "idle"? Or, are you applying throttle for takeoff when the aircraft rolls over? @Ansia The device logs will not help with a motor issue. Unfortunately, the aircraft .dat may not help either as the Standard does not record motor data.

OK......a simple question : Do you get all 4 props on the right motors....the spinner of the props color should match the color on the top of the motors shaft...and are you staying on the sticks too long after the 4 motors start to spin ??

OK......a simple question : Do you get all 4 props on the right motors....the spinner of the props color should match the color on the top of the motors shaft...and are you staying on the sticks too long after the 4 motors start to spin ??
You can't screw the wrong prop on the wrong motor.

After a minor crash my 3 wil rev and roll over. New props and after IMU calibration 3 times it still has same problem. Data shows all is normal and does not needed calibrated. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated
Just in case
Screenshot_20190415-171705.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Thanks Anisa...the creator of the video is just ONE of my favorite posters here....He did a nice job of showing the ease it can be done....To a new person with broke props... and not knowing to watch the colors coding........he would only think that slight bit of effort is a good thing...."Fly Onnnnnnnnn !

It idles smooth. When I try to take off the craft will attempt to lift but has tendency to roll. Motors are unstable. Also I tried all new props

Reactions: Hewa
Well, been a month and still no luck. Replaced motors, calibrated emu. Calibrated compass. Tapped top of gyro. Calibrated emu again. Still rolls over when trying to take off...any ideas?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20