After market batteries, any good?

P3 batteries are available from an authorized DJI dealer for $119 here on Amazon.

I have had the same questions about Powerextra......after I had already ordered them. There were reviews on Amazon that spoke of inferior contacts (easily bent) and heat problems with the Powerextra batteries. After reading the comments here I have a bit more confidence in my purchase. I can't help but wonder if some ham-handedness might have contributed to their problems. I assume careful insertion of the batteries as well as properly seating them would be a concern with either OEM DJI batteries or Powerextra.

Only difference I have noticed is that leds are not bright as in DJI batteries so if you want to visually inspect the charge you ll have to bring p2 closer to see it, everything else is the same

Don't forget that DJI do not actually manufacture the battery packs. They are licenced production by 3 different Chinese factories.

I have spent a lot of time in China in the Industrial regions of Guandong, Tianjin etc. and it is always a concern that factories have official products for Licence and unofficial products ..... and this is believed to be happening with a number of 3rd party P3 batterys.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Well I had to buy the third party bat when the one came with my drone was DOA, the retailer send my another batter and it was DOA. I went to Best Buy got one, it worked then bought the cheaper one off Amazon for a backup, did some testing with it no problems so far but have not went on a good flight yet with it, Hell still learning to fly so have not wanted to yet. but as soon as get to more open space and can do so longevity testing short range will test with it post results later sometime but so far it works. Also on the failed batteries, opened a support case with DJI on both the DOA batteries, video me trying to get them to work, not charging good battery charging and working in AC, More documentation than the military, they replaced them! Yiipie! now have four batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94